Search by custom fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Search by custom fields

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jameswemyss
    Participant

We want users to be able to search for events by “Age”. I have experimented by using custom fields which certainly feels like it could do the job, but users can’t then filter by a custom field. What would be the best way to go about this?

Barry

Hi James,

Great question!

Might it be viable for you to use categories or tags for this purpose?

If not you might need to consider a custom filter implementation: thankfully, Filter Bar has been built in a way that facilitates all kinds of customizations including the addition of completely new filters, so doing so is readily achievable.

That said, such a customization is something we’d really need to leave in your hands (if you find categories and tags are unsuitable for the task) and you would definitely need a fairly good grounding in WordPress development to drive it forward.

I hope that helps!

Peter
    Participant

HI Barry,

is there any documentation on customizing the Filter Bar, similar to the Themer’s Guide perhaps?

thanks!

Barry

Hi Peter – you might want to start by checking out the following:

They don’t quite parallel the Themer’s Guide, but may give you a few insights (and of course if you want to suggest other areas we should cover, please do post a request on UserVoice 🙂 ).

As a sidenote, if you have any further questions please do create a new topic of your own – wherever possible we try to stick to one user and one issue per forum topic, even if your question/interest seems very close to that of the original poster.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Search by custom fields’ is closed to new replies.