Search Bar Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search Bar Not Working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Jensen
    Participant

It was working previously, but now when I type in ‘Search’ or ‘Near’ nothing happens.

http://nerdoutapp.com/calendar/

Trisha

Hi, Michelle!

Thanks for reaching out! I just ran a quick test on your events page and I was able to see results. See the screenshot below:

What are browser/Operating System are you using? It could be a more system specific type of error. You might also try a couple of different computers to see if there’s a pattern to what’s happening.

Let me know what you find out! I’m happy to help troubleshoot this with you!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Hey,

Tried again, no results. It was working earlier. I’m on Safari currently. Tried on another computer on Safari no dice. It did work on Chrome though…

Trisha

Hi, Michelle!

Thanks for following up! This is really good feedback. It looks like we’re dealing with a Safari specific bug. I did my test on Chrome/Mac.

I don’t have an answer for you yet but I wanted to let you know I saw this and will begin troubleshooting first thing in the morning. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

You’re awesome Trisha!

Trisha

Hi, Michelle!

I found the problem! The submit button for the search bar has been set to display: none in your custom CSS. I’m not sure why Chrome was working and Safari wasn’t but that’s definitely what’s going on. See the screenshots below for confirmation.

Remove that line from your custom CSS and you should be all set!

Let me know how it goes, and as always…if you need anything else don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m happy to help 🙂

Cheers,
    Trisha

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

That’s linked to this, which was to remove the Export events button (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/hide-export-events/)

.events-archive #tribe-events .tribe-events-button, .tribe-events-button {
    display: none;
    }

Trisha

Hi Michelle!

Ok, no worries. I totally see what’s going on 🙂

If you’ll replace the line above with the following code, that will take care of the problem. We just needed to get a little more specific so that we weren’t hiding all the buttons on the page 🙂

.events-archive #tribe-events .tribe-events-ical.tribe-events-button { display: none }

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

works!!

Trisha

So glad to hear it, Michelle! 🙂

I’m going to close this conversation out, but as always, if you need anything else feel free to reach out! I’m happy to help 🙂

Cheers,
    Trisha

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Bar Not Working’ is closed to new replies.