Search Bar malfunction

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search Bar malfunction

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    orgspring
    Participant

When I type in text (any text) into the search bar under the date area, then click search i get the following error.
    Warning: mktime() expects parameter 6 to be long, string given in /Users/craiggrella/Documents/Websites/www.afrj.dev/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/template-classes/month.php on line 215

I’ve read your forum posts located here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/?s=Warning%3A+mktime%28%29+expects+parameter+6+to+be+long%2C+string+given

none of which solve the issue.

Now, i’ll admit that most users will click inside the date search area and then click a date/month, which does clear up the search issue.

But your field does accept custom text other than date format, and that’s where the issue comes in. Any text formatted other than for a date like 2013-09 will trigger this error.
    Plus, once that error has been triggered, even clearing the search fields and entering the correct date by clicking a month continues to trigger that error.

Only by resetting the page url to domain.com/events does it reset completely.

Just a thought, but is there any data sanitization that occurs on that input? if not, maybe consider that for a future version or remove input altogether, other than for inputting date via clicker.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, orgspring. Thanks for the tip. We’ll definitely take a look to see if we can reproduce it.

Do you have a URL we can visit to see the behavior on your site?

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, orgspring. It looks like this is something that should be fixed by our next release. If you’ll sit tight for now, I’ll be back in touch to ask you to test once it’s released.

Thanks, again!

orgspring
    Participant

Happy to help. Love the plugin.
    I’m picking up the wootickets plugin shortly for a client. I think it will help them.
    Just let me know when you need me to take another look.
    craig

Kelly
    Participant

Absolutely! Thanks so much for being a loyal TEC user!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Search Bar malfunction’ is closed to new replies.