Search and mobile functionality

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Search and mobile functionality

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason Schwartz

I was wondering about the search and mobile functionality of the plug in.

What criteria can you search by? Is it possible to search for events within x miles of a zip code?

Also, does it work well with mobile themes? Are there any examples I could look at?

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Also wondering if zip code searches are possible? If not built in, any suggestions on implementing it?

Joyce Grace

Hello all,
    The thing to know about the plugin is that it uses custom post types. So basically, each calendar event is technically a WordPress post. Searching for events would work the same way as searching so-called ‘regular’ blog posts. If the postal code is in the post (i.e. the event description), then it should show up in search results.

A WordPress guru named Joost de Valk really doesn’t like the inherent WordPress search function and writes about other solutions. Here is one: http://yoast.com/wordpress-search/

If you want an events map to be searchable, well, that’s a custom coding project and needs to work with the Google API.

Regarding mobile, I’m assuming you’re asking if the Events Calendar is responsive? It’s not bad, though as far as I know there aren’t any immediate plans to make the calendar responsive as an out-of-the-box plugin. However, you can always set this up in your CSS on your own by customizing the calendar. As long as you follow the responsive rules of CSS design, you should be ok. You will of course want to start with a responsive theme. It’s hard to make anything 100% responsive, but I’ve heard that Brandon at Epic Era’s (http://themeforest.net/user/epicera/portfolio) has good themes. While not always 100%, those themes are responsive and the plugin tends to work pretty well straight out of the box with them.

Hope all this helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Search and mobile functionality’ is closed to new replies.