Search all months when click on category in month view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Search all months when click on category in month view

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Lewis
    Participant

Hello!
    We have some categories that will never have events in the current month (for example there is a category for future shows called “in the wings”). We want users to be able to see the upcoming events in that category; however, because there are no events in that category in the current month, none are displayed (so a user would not know there are any events in that category). Is it possible to display all events in that category in month view even if it was a previous or future month?

Josh
    Participant

Hello santafeplayhouse,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I can definitely see how constantly showing an empty month view would be unusable for your users. There are a couple of options that you could pursue to make this work better for this category.

1. <span style=”line-height: 13px;”>You could follow this tutorial to have all your views “fast-forward” to the next occurring event. So, rather than showing just the current month, it will fast-forward to the next month that has an event. However, this won’t search all the upcoming events. </span>
    2. To search all upcoming events, you could try this solution that will automatically redirect your category views to the “List” view. That way, all events will be listed rather than just single months.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response however I hope this was able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks!

Jennifer Lewis
    Participant

Thank you! I can make one of those options work.

Josh
    Participant

Hello santafeplayhouse,

Thanks for following up with us! Happy to have been able to help.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Search all months when click on category in month view’ is closed to new replies.