Se vueven a crear lugares que ya existen

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Se vueven a crear lugares que ya existen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Buenas tardes chicas/os:

En ocasines el importador de eventos me está creando Lugares que ya existían. Por ejemplo, ahora he importado manualmente el evento https://www.facebook.com/events/118539368873430 y ha creado el lugar Serrato, cuando ese lugar ya estaba creado.

saludos,
    Antonio

Andras
    Keymaster

Hola Antonio,

Hmmm… that’s weird. Let’s try to figure this out.

Are the two “Serrato” venues typed identically? Do they have the same details like address and postal code? What is the slug of these 2 venues?

When “Serrato” was imported for the first time, was it imported / created with the same event?

Does it happen with more venues?

If you have several events / event URLs that have the same venue, can you please share?

Thanks and cheers?
    Andras

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hola András:

Te comparto algunos lugares que se han duplicado:

https://rondainfinita.info/lugar/el-burgo-2/
    https://rondainfinita.info/lugar/el-burgo/

https://rondainfinita.info/lugar/salida-la-virgen-canos-santos/
    (este ha cogido la url del nombre del evento) en lugar del correcto que ya existía y es https://rondainfinita.info/lugar/canete-la-real/

Y así me aparecen muchos mas que voy corrigiendo.

En todos los casos los nombres de los lugares se han mecanografíado idénticamente. No necesariamente tienen que tener los mismos detalles y código postal en la dirección. Piensa que muchos usuarios en facebook no rellenan bien todos los datos. Antes esto no pasaba.

El primer “lugar” no recuerdo si fue importado también por facebook, de otro evento, o lo creé yo manualmente.

Saludos,
    Antonio

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Antonio,

Regarding the duplicate places there are some challenges when importing. The venues in the example although have the same name, but they have different details, including the address, and most probably the ID (which we don’t see) so they are considered as different venues. Even by Facebook most likely. Unfortunately we cannot really do anything about this, only manually correct them.

Most probably this is the case with Canete la Real as well. The name might be the same, but there are different details to them on Facebook so it is considered different.

If you think this is not the case and you can give me some Facebook urls to the events that have the same venues, I can run some test to check.

Cheers,
    Andras

ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Hello Andras:

Before it did not happen the duplicity of places, it is true that users can create in facebook a place with a different address or postal code. But the place is the same, regardless of whether you make a mistake and enter one zip code or another.

I will correct it manually, but I think it worked better before.

Regards,

————-

Hola Andras:

Antes no ocurría lo de la duplicidad de lugares, es cierto que los usuarios pueden crear en facebook un lugar con una dirección o código postal diferente. Pero el lugar es el mismo, independientemente que se equivoque y ponga un código postal u otro.

Lo corregiré manualmente, pero creo que antes funcionaba mejor.

Saludos,

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by ANTONIO JOSE.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hola,

I understand what you mean. Unfortunately Facebook creates a new place if only one little detail is different, regardless of how you name it. And sometimes even if the details are the same it might create a different place, with a different unique identifier (ID).

Our importer relies on the data that Facebook provides. The ID is the only piece of data that can help us determine if an event, organizer or venue is the same as before or a different on. If the ID is different, then it will be a new entry on your website.

Doing guesswork comparing data of 2 venues  (e.x. A venue has same name but different city => likely they are different) can and will lead to wrong entries, and is unprofessional. So we need to use what we have.

I’m sorry if this is not the answer you were hoping for. We don’t have control over how external sources handle their data. We can only control ours and try to make the best of it.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Se vueven a crear lugares que ya existen’ is closed to new replies.