Script that triggers and listens for event named resize hijacking global setting

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Script that triggers and listens for event named resize hijacking global setting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jamesonkeller
    Participant

The Events Calendar is including a script that triggers and listens for event named resize, YourChannel (plugin) also uses an event with same name, but YourChannel has its own event manager. That Event Calendar’s plugin is hijacking all resize events.

Hijacking and overriding global things is not good. Their script messes with every other script that uses an event named resize.

PLEASE FIX THIS. Your script shouldn’t be affecting others.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting this!

I ticketed the issue, our developers will take a look at it. Probably adding a namespace will solve the issue.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andrew
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Wanted to notify the The Events Calendar team that we are reporting the same issue with our site. Currently utilizing the latest version of The Events Calendar PRO, and YourChannel.

Tried to access a private thread that looked similar, with no luck:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/conflict-with-yourchannel-plugin/

Thanks for your help guys,
    Andrew

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

That private thread contains the back-and-forth between that user and our team doing conflict testing and trying to uncover the source of the issue.

It looks like this bug happens if you have a calendar widget added in one of your widget areas. Once you remove that the issue is gone.

We have ticketed this issue earlier and our developers will get a fix out as soon as we can. Please hang in there.

You will be notified in this ticket once the fix is released.

Cheers,
    Andras

jamesonkeller
    Participant

Andrew –

I spoke with the YourChannel support team. Until The Events Calendar fixes their hijacking issue, you can solve your YourChannel issue by doing the following:

You can edit yrc.js file of YourChannel by going to Plugins > Editor page and choosing YourChannel from the dropdown in top right. Find resize in that file and replace it with yrc_resize (Make sure you only choose to replace whole word in your text editor). Clear cache.

This should fix the issue so the My Events Calendar Plugin doesnt interfere with a function of the same name inside YourChannel.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing that, James! Much appreciated!

A.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi James,

With our recent version of TEC we were not able to reproduce this issue. Could you please update, check and get back to us if you are still having the issue?

Thanks,
    Andras

Andrew
    Participant

@jamesonkeller,

Thank you for the awesome tip! Implemented the hotfix and fixed the functionality of the YourChannel plugin.

Thanks again!
    Andrew

Andras
    Keymaster

Happy to hear it works now Andrew! Awesome.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another, create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Script that triggers and listens for event named resize hijacking global setting’ is closed to new replies.