Scheduler loses Facebook import tasks

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduler loses Facebook import tasks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Donald
    Participant

I’ve turned on full logging and checked to allow access by ECP technical support within help. I have also added a scheduled import from facebook.com/sheetmusicdeals to sheetmusicdeals.com per the screenshot. Typically, the scheduled task will disappear in 24 to 48 hours.

George
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear this, Donald.

1. How long has this issue been happening?

2. Who is your web host? How are you hosting your website, specifically? (i.e. if you’re using a service, please name that service — if you’re hosting it on your own, describe your hosting setup in-depth)

This is not something I have ever had happen on my site, nor do we have other reports of it, so this will take some investigation to learn more about…I apologize in advance for the time this might take, but am determined to help figure out and resolve these problems.

— George

Donald
    Participant

Luckily we just opened, but we plan on the calendar being a central aspect of our platform and this does put some doubt in our choices. I hope we can get it resolved quickly and hopefully permanently.

1. Tasks get added, they don’t populate after about 48 hours, check and its gone. So rinse and repeat about 5 times now over 2 to 3 weeks.

2. Kinsta Managed WordPress Hosting is our host. We run other wp-cron items and don’t have issues. Just the scheduler and the tasks just remove automatically.

Apologies accepted. If you want to help us out then integrate RSS imports ASAP. =) We need them bad!

George
    Participant

Thanks for this information Donald, and for your patience here.

What I have done for now is set up some test imports of my own of that facebook page (facebook.com/sheetmusicdeals) — I will report back with my findings!

— George

Donald
    Participant

The last response on this issue was back on Feb. 28th and now we are at Mar. 11th and I find the lack of finding a resolution to be very discouraging. I reached out to Kinsta and they did a full analysis and determined it is within the plugin as no errors are being generated to a log. They did find the following and reported back with…

Additionally I’ve found this error message in log (it was before I performed tests), you can ask plugin developer about it:
    2017/03/11 07:16:24 [error] 111433#0: *625094 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function is_empty() on null in /www/sheetmusicdeals_499/public/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Queue_Realtime.php:126
    Stack trace:
    #0 /www/sheetmusicdeals_499/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): Tribe__Events__Aggregator__Record__Queue_Realtime->ajax(”)
    #1 /www/sheetmusicdeals_499/public/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array)
    #2 /www/sheetmusicdeals_499/public/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #3 /www/sheetmusicdeals_499/public/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(91): do_action(‘wp_ajax_tribe_a…’)
    #4 {main}
    thrown in /www/sheetmusicdeals_499/public/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Queue_Realtime.php on line 126″ while reading response header from upstream, client: 188.117.238.89, server: http://www.sheetmusicdeals.com, request: “POST /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php HTTP/1.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php7-fpm-sheetmusicdeals.sock:”, host: “www.sheetmusicdeals.com”, referrer: “https://www.sheetmusicdeals.com/wp-admin/edit.php?page=aggregator&post_type=tribe_events&tab=new”

George
    Participant

Hi Donald,

I am sorry about the length of time between responses. I’ve been trying to notice any issues with the scheduled imports on my testing site, but have not seen any such issues.

This PHP error you report is one I have not seen reported before, so I am going to bring this issue to our development team and see if they have any insight into why this error might be arising.

Stay tuned!
    George

Donald
    Participant

You said you would bring the issue to dev back on the 13th so where are we at? I put the scheduler back in place about 1AM EST time last night and thus far its not disappeared. Typically, its about 48 hours. Are there any dependencies that the scheduler needs?

George
    Participant

Hey Donald,

I’ve indeed been in dialogue with developers on our team. The issue is odd but the most recent news is that we do indeed think there is a bug here — namely that methods are sometimes being called on null values, which shouldn’t be happening.

I have logged a bug ticket for this and our developers are actively working on fixing that — a fix may not arrive for two weeks or even longer, unfortunately, because the pace of our release cycles is going to be interrupted by a fast-approaching yearly retreat we take as a company.

I can assure you, however, that this bug is actively being worked on now, and that I will mark this thread “pending fix” which means that it will be updated with any news about the fix and when it is publicly available for download.

I am sorry for the trouble here. Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with in the meantime!

— George

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that a new Feature Release 4.5 of The Events Calendar is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-the-events-calendar-4-5/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.
    Best,
    Victor.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduler loses Facebook import tasks’ is closed to new replies.