scheduled imports per day

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions scheduled imports per day

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth

For your paid service, can you explain what “scheduled imports per day” means? I need to be able to have my Google calendar syncing real time. Is this possible with the personal package? Also, can I fully customize the styling of the calendar?

Geoff

Hi Elizabeth,

Good question. A scheduled import means any time you fetch events from an outside source into The Events Calendar. This can be one event or thousands at a time, but each time an import is initiated, that counts as one scheduled import.

The Events Calendar is pretty darn flexible when it comes to custom styling. Some custom styling might require custom development as well, but it really depends on what you’re looking for. We have a <u>Themer’s Guide</u> that provides the low-down on most customizations.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Elizabeth

Thank you for your response, I still need a bit more clarification on the “scheduled imports.” I won’t have more than 40-50 events per month (syncing from my google calendar), so will the personal package work for me?

Also, we don’t want to include an image for each event pop up – is it possible to not include an image?

Geoff

Hi Elizabeth and thanks for following up!

The number of events that import doesn’t really matter as far as Event Aggregator’s import limits go — it’s the number of times it is asked to fetch them that you have set up in advance.

Funny enough, we just published a new post on the topic yesterday and it should help clarify things a ton:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregators-import-limits-work/

Also, we don’t want to include an image for each event pop up – is it possible to not include an image?

There’s no need to include images on an event if you do not want them. I do not believe Event Aggregator fetches images from Google Calendar anyway, so you should be good to go there. 🙂

Any other questions I can help answer? Let me know and I’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Elizabeth

OK, I am clear on imports based on the article, but in situation, I need my Google calendar to sync real-time. Is this possible and if so, how is this related to imports?

Geoff

Good question! Event Aggregator does not sync in “real time” but you can set it to check for new events hourly, in which case, that would count towards 24 scheduled imports — one for each time the import runs.

Does that help clarify things a bit more? Sorry if I’ve made this more confusing than helpful!

Geoff

Elizabeth

One last question…Can customize the years so it’s only current and next year? I don’t want past years to show, but I am not sure if this is possible since I am syncing a google calendar. Thanks!

Antoine

A related question if I may…

It is easy to see how fetching NEW events would work. But what happens when a Google event is deleted? Is is also deleted in your calendar? Ditto for events that are moved, etc. Are changes (modifications and deletions applied). Same question for CSV imports.

Alternately, is it possible to delete the last import and re-import a fresh list? Can this be automated?

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Elizabeth, hope you had a great weekend!

I’m afraid there is no setting in Event Aggregator that allows you to only fetch events for the current and next upcoming year. You can import events that are on a specific day, but there is no date range filter that can be applied for only events in that range.

That’s a fantastic idea, though, so I went ahead and put a ticket into our feature request forum. Please add your vote when you have a chance!

Thanks for chiming in Antoine — Yes, deleted events are removed from the calendar, but they will stay in WordPress so that Event Aggregator ignores them on future imports. Please see this guide for a full overview of how events are managed after import. If you have additional questions, please open a new thread and we’d be happy to help you there. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘scheduled imports per day’ is closed to new replies.