Scheduled imports not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled imports not working

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Andreas Källman.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andreas Källman
    Participant

Hi! I use events calendar for my site salsaistockholm.com. I have a bunch of scheduled imports but none of them are actually importing anything. The only time things get imported is when i manually import. The only reason i got the aggregator was for this to work automatically and now it works worse than with the facebook import extension cause i cant do mass import but have to go one by one. How can you solve this?

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-events-not-importing-as-scheduled/

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-events-not-importing-as-scheduled/

Hunter

Hi and welcome 🙂

Sorry to see you’re having troubles with scheduled imports. The current situation appears that scheduled imports are being marked as “Failed” though they are actually being performed. We use wp_cron to trigger the scheduled imports, so if an import is set to occur at a specific time but no one visits either the back or front end of your site, it will be marked as “Failed” but should run at some point shortly after it initially “failed”.

This has been discussed in-depth by the support team and developers, so hang tight while we nail down the most effective ways to educate users on the results of scheduled imports. We have a ticket logged where we are working to compile as much data as possible to help make the most efficient improvements.

Have you done any basic tests where you create a test event on Google Calendar, create and set an import to run every 30 minutes, import it, then add another test event to see if the second event gets imported when the import runs next?

Ideally, you could do all this on a test site so you can fully troubleshoot the matter without having to worry about interrupting your live site. Please review our Using One License for Live and Dev Sites tutorial. Please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Thanks and have a pleasant rest of your day. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled imports not working’ is closed to new replies.