Scheduled imports not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled imports not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Imports only run manually. Otherwise they just sit there and never attempt to run or return an error. I thought this might have coincided with me changing my scheduled imports from daily to weekly, but reading others in this forum, the frequency of the schedule seems to be irrelevant.

I am running the most up to date wordpress install, and all of the modern tribe plugins are up to date.

Worth mentioning is that it started happening around the time I upgraded to the latest version of your plugins… Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-not-running-4/

UPDATE:

Changing scheduled import from weekly to every 30 minutes seems to make them work. I am going to change them to daily and see if that works.

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Daily scheduled imports also work, so my particular problem seems to be specifically tied weekly scheduling of imports.

I would like to change all of my imports back to take place daily (until you fix the bug that makes weekly imports not work), but I don’t want to have to do it manually for over 100 scheduled imports (that’s more than 400 clicks, with waiting for the page to load…). Is there a way I can do this directly in the database, or some other shortcut I could take?

Thanks.

Hello?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Maiyu,

Thanks for using our plugins and for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry about the scheduled import issue you are experiencing.

Thanks for all the testing and sharing the results. If I understand correctly then daily scheduled imports do work, but weekly scheduled imports don’t kick in. Is that correct?

Do they start and then fail, or they don’t even start at all?

I will try to test this to see if I can reproduce. Given the nature of weekly this is going to take at least a week.

The scheduled imports are done with the help of the WordPress cron (scheduling) system. Through this scheduled tasks are triggered when the website is loaded. So if there are no visits to your website for 2 months, then none of the cron jobs (including checking for WordPress updates for example) are run.

What you can try is setting up a real cron job instead of the WordPress cron. Your hosting provider should be able to help you with this.

These articles might also be helpful:

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Thanks for getting back to me.

– We have plenty of visitors and WP cron is running correctly.
    – Weekly shouldn’t take a week to test since it can be set up to run today. You can select day and time of day that you would like it to run.
    – I am not entirely sure if daily is running correctly since many scheduled imports are reporting “Unknown” for last import. What does this mean?
    – Is there a way I can quickly search and replace all database entries for aggregator scheduled imports and change weekly for daily, with a time of day? Like I said, because of the bug I have had to swap these back and forth (in order to test) between daily, weekly, hourly etc, and it is way too much pointless clicking for me to handle…
    – Last but not least, are you working on a fix for the bug, and do you think you are getting close?

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Maiyu,

We have plenty of visitors and WP cron is running correctly.

Cool, so we shouldn’t have to worry about that.

Weekly shouldn’t take a week to test since it can be set up to run today. You can select day and time of day that you would like it to run.

I understand your approach. However manually adjusting settings can have an influence and the cron might kick in, while if I properly wait the one week it might have a different result.

I am not entirely sure if daily is running correctly since many scheduled imports are reporting “Unknown” for last import. What does this mean?

“Unknown” can mean a couple of things. For example the import didn’t run before. Or it ran couple of times but the last didn’t finish with success.

If you go to the history page you can get more information on the status if you hover over the icon next to the import name. (screenshot)

Is there a way I can quickly search and replace all database entries for aggregator scheduled imports

For every import you need to make changes at 2 places.

1) wp_posts table post_content and post_title

Screenshot

2) wp_postmeta table, rows with the following meta_keys:

• _tribe_aggregator_frequency
    • _tribe_aggregator_schedule_day
    • _tribe_aggregator_schedule_time

Screenshot

Please note that it hasn’t been thoroughly tested if this works.

Last but not least, are you working on a fix for the bug, and do you think you are getting close?

It hasn’t been confirmed as a bug yet. In the beginning you reported an issue with weekly imports, which I first need to try to reproduce. If I can, then it will be logged as a bug and a developer will take a look. (My weekly import should run tomorrow.) (I just checked our backlog, I couldn’t find anything logged that is similar to this issue.)

Regarding the issue with the daily imports, you just reported that you are having issues. We still need to find out the details about those.

Are you still getting more issues with the daily imports? All dailies have an error, or only some? If you look at one feed with daily import, how does that get errors? These details will help us get closer to the source of the issue.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled imports not working’ is closed to new replies.