Scheduled imports do not seem to be working.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled imports do not seem to be working.

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Charles Daly.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charles Daly
    Participant

I have attached a picture of the history tab in my events aggregator. The red exclamation points are the ones that were scheduled to be performed automatically. Out of curiosity, I clicked on MY Facebook page’s schedule import and performed the import manually, and you can see the green check mark. Why won’t the scheduled imports work? Also, just a question and please don’t take this the wrong way, if you have a page that takes customer suggestions. Then can one of those be to simply go back to the old Facebook tool? Please know that I am actually a project manager and I realize that people sometimes make these requests because they simply do not like change. People like things to be familiar. However, in this case, I love the latest tools and gadgets. I was really excited for what the potential of this could be. However, it has been months for me having issues (pictures import issues, venue issues, reoccurring issues) A lot of those I never posted anything about. I just watched the threads and was patient. This is truly starting to effect my business and reputation. We are planning a big upgrade within the community. Which by the way, I had some questions about from you and was begging to talk with someone. I was rather dismissed and told to refer to the pre-sales forum. Kind of off putting if I am considering a large license purchase.

You do have the best interface, look, options and overall calendar plugin…..However, if it doesn’t work, then all that becomes irrelevant. Again, PLEASE take note that I am not saying this in a frustrated or hostile manner. I am actually calmly sitting here just typing my concerns. I am trying to be as patient as possible, but at some point I am going to have to make a choice on what tool I am going to use in the future. (my annual fees are going to be coming up) I am currently evaluating other tools and finding that while it may not be as slick as yours, the extra manual things I have to do will be better than a plugin that doesn’t work. Just some food for thought.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Charles,

Thanks for using our plugins and an even bigger than you for your honesty, feedback and your patience! I’d be happy to provide you with some answers to your questions.

Regarding the red exclamation marks: this is an issue we know about and was mostly addressed in version 4.4.2.

Also our finding is: “we’ve had a similar issue with sites that have many (5+) scheduled imports: only 5 can run in parallel at a given time and the other would be marked as “failed” when what happens is that those are being rescheduled for later.”

In other words, the imports with the red exclamation marks didn’t fail, they just couldn’t run, so they are rescheduled to run later.

Also, just a question and please don’t take this the wrong way, if you have a page that takes customer suggestions. Then can one of those be to simply go back to the old Facebook tool?

We are collecting user suggestions on our UserVoice page. If one gets enough votes then it will most likely become a feature of the plugin.

If the legacy Facebook importer works for you better, then you can absolutely use that. Please note however that our legacy importers are not being further developed, only critical fixes are done for them.

it has been months for me having issues

I’m really sorry about that. Yes, there are issues and bugs and we’re working hard to get them fixed. You’ll be happy to hear that our next maintenance release if putting more focus on Event Aggregator related issues. If all goes according to plan it will be released by the end of this month.

In case you have specific issues I would kindly ask you to open a separate thread so we can give it dedicated attention. We’ll be happy to help.

We are planning a big upgrade within the community. Which by the way, I had some questions about from you and was begging to talk with someone. I was rather dismissed and told to refer to the pre-sales forum. Kind of off putting if I am considering a large license purchase.

I’m sorry to hear that you got the feeling you are being put off. That is certainly not our intention.

Based on our policy we provide support for our premium plugins and pre-sales questions here in the forums. Unfortunately we do not provide support over other channels at the moment.

If you let me know your questions I’ll be happy to answer them to you.

You do have the best interface, look, options and overall calendar plugin…..However, if it doesn’t work, then all that becomes irrelevant.

Thanks for the appraisal, and you are right, if something looks good but doesn’t work, then …

We are putting a lot of effort into the development and testing of our plugins before every release. However, due to the multitude of environments, setups and use cases it is impossible to test every possible scenario. This is where we have to rely on our users like yourself, and their valuable feedback, so we can fix and improve on our plugins. All help is much appreciated.

I hope I managed to answer at least some of your questions and concerns. Please do let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Andras

Charles Daly
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. I have taken some time just to see what my next move will be. I do appreciate your response and understand the best efforts are made when it comes to the function and quality. I would like to discuss some of the question I have for plans and the potential for expanded use of the plugin. As I said, I attempted to ask these questions before, and you offered to handle them. Do I direct those questions to this thread?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Charles,

Yes, please post your questions here in the thread. If for some reason I will not be able to answer a question or two I will pull in someone who can.

Thanks,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled imports do not seem to be working.’ is closed to new replies.