Scheduled import is removing user added categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled import is removing user added categories

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Ryan Freng.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Freng
    Participant

Hello,

I have a google calendar daily import. I also have “Preserve the most recent change in each event field, whether that change occurred on my site or at the original source.” checked. After import, I add a category to various events. On re-import, that special category gets blown away.

Ryan Freng
    Participant

Note: I do have a category being assigned on import. Could that be blowing away my custom category?

Ryan Freng
    Participant

Regardless of the category setting, categories are blown away. This is not ideal. This shouldn’t be happening since I have “preserve most recent” saved.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m really sorry about this import issue you are experiencing. We are aware of this bug, which has been reported to us recently. We already have an internal bug ticket for this in place. I will add your thread to the ticket to give it more push.

At the moment unfortunately I cannot give you any details yet on when this is going to be fixed, due to the freshness of the bug. I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released, so if you have email notifications activated, you will know when I post an update here. If you’d like you can also check back in a week or two, and I might be able to give you an update.

Again, I apologize for this issue and I thank you for your patience.

If you have any new questions or issues, please, create a new ticket so we can keep the forums clean.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Ryan Freng
    Participant

??

Andras
    Keymaster

🙂

Ryan Freng
    Participant

Hello,

Any update on this? It’s been a month for my client with no auto update of events. I’m not sure how much longer I can leave it like that.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked the ticket status. It is a high priority ticket and if all goes well then it will be fixed with the next maintenance release, which will hopefully come at the end of this month.

Please hang in there, we’re working on it.

Cheers,
    Andras

Ryan Freng
    Participant

Wonderful, thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

😉

Nico

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.5 of our plugins is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-5-event-tickets-4-4-5-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled import is removing user added categories’ is closed to new replies.