Scheduled Import from other URL (beta)

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled Import from other URL (beta)

• This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Stephanie.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Hello,

I am seeing inconsistency with the import from other URL, want to see if there is something I have missed in my setup or if this is just a bug in the beta functionality.

I have setup a URL that pulls from another site running The Events Calendar. The URL is category specific. On setup of the scheduled import I can preview the events and import runs great. When I let it sit and a new event is added to the other URL category, it doesn’t automatically move it over. I have to delete the feed and setup a new one to capture new events.

How can I setup a scheduled import for a category and insure it is running?

Thanks,
    Amanda

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Amanda,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry about this import issue you are having. Let’s try to get to the bottom of it.

On some occasions it takes a bit of time for the importer to realize that there is a new event. If you are running an import every 15 minutes, then a new event might not make it into the next 1-2 imports.

Do you know how long you waited while the new event still wasn’t imported?

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Stephanie
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Stephanie
    Participant

I am having difficulty with the scheduled imports. They have stopped working. I have now had to redo all of them to get the events to move over. Why did the events imports stop working. When I run a new import the events then show up.

The imports were working fine. Now they have all stopped working and I had to setup new ones. Do you have a solutions or remedy for this issue? Screen shots of the imports are attached.

Thank you Amanda

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda,

I’m not sure why the scheduled imports stopped working. If that happens then you get a red exclamation mark beside the import on the Events > Imports > History page. If you hover over the exclamation mark you will get a short note on what has caused the import to fail. (like this) That gives us some info on what to look for.

If the scheduled imports fail again then please check and share the failure message and the url of the feed and I will try to investigate the issue.

Do the scheduled imports seem to be working after you set them up again?

Andras

Stephanie
    Participant

I did not get a Red ! to indicate there was a error. They just wouldn’t import…

The feeds I have setup are not going to be importing all the time maybe just a few times a month. Is there anything that can be done to discern why this is happening???

Andras
    Keymaster

There are some settings that influence what is being imported. Notable is the limit setting. You can find these under Events > Settings > Imports tab.

Here’s a screenshot about that setting.

Other than that, at the moment it is difficult to say why they were not imported. If that happens again I recommend that you get in touch with us again and we can investigate further. Would that be OK with you?

Andras

Stephanie
    Participant

It is occurring again, we have an import feed setup to https://www.aprilazzolino.com/events/category/new-spiritual-horizons/ she posted this two days ago and today I checked on the import. Nothing was imported even though it said last time import ran was 16 hours ago. I Click the Run Import button on the Import Feed and it still didn’t pickup the event see the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Stephanie
    Participant

attached

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Stephanie,

The ‘Other URL’ source uses a separate set of setting for limiting the imports. You can find this at the bottom of the Events > Settings > Imports page. For “Other URL” these settings will always take precedence.

By default the limit is set to 1 month, so that could very well cause this. Check the setting and adjust it higher.

Also check the setup of your scheduled import, whether it has a starting date set. (screenshot)

Andras

Stephanie
    Participant

I have updated the settings and Clicked Run Import.

I am still not seeing any new events come in specifically on this URL https://www.aprilazzolino.com/events/category/new-spiritual-horizons/

There is an event for Feb 20 that is not importing. Please Advise.

Stephanie
    Participant

I deleted the import feed and setup a new one. It says there are no events to import. That isn’t correct there is one at the URL specified.

What is happening??

Stephanie
    Participant

This is still a problem. I run the scheduled import and nothing comes up. The import runs on its own and nothing comes up. I delete and then redo the import feed and THEN the new event shows up in the preview.

Why is this happening?? I need a resolution.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled Import from other URL (beta)’ is closed to new replies.