Saving to Google Calendar shows wrong time zone. (GMT-01:00) Azores.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Saving to Google Calendar shows wrong time zone. (GMT-01:00) Azores.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

All the events are set to UTC+0. When saved to Google Calendar using the + Google Calendar button , Google Calendar shows the event as different time zone (GMT-01:00) Azores.

This is a website only for the UK.
    The UK time is UTC+0. At present it is winter time so UTC+0 is the same as GMT+0. In summer UTC+0 is the same as GMT+1 so there seems no reason to ever show GMT-01:00.

When an event is saved to Google Calendar, Google shows the event as follows: (GMT-01:00) Azores
    Google Calendar can be changed manually by clicking “time zone” next to the displayed time.
    When clicked, this displays the country as Portugal and the time zone as shows (GMT-01:00) Azores
    The country can be changed and when changed to United Kingdom, the time zone shows as (GMT+00:00) London.

Notes on website settings & configuration:
    – WordPress settings/ General Settings/ Timezone set to UTC+0
    – Events settings/ General Timezone settings: Timzone mode set to “use sitewide timezone everywhere”. Changing this to “Use local timezones for each event” does not produce a different outcome in Google Calendar.
    – All events are have time and date settings as UTC+0

– WordPress (4.7.2)
    – Plugin The Events Calendar (4.4.2)
    – Plugin The Events Calendar Pro (4.4.2)
    – URL of typical event: http://hacp.co.uk/event/anger-management-a-t-a-perspective/

This problem is been replicated on several separate PCs – a customer reported the issue.

Please can you help or advise.

Very Best Regards,
    Jim Biddle.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Jim,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! I’m really sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Thanks for providing such detailed information about this. I ran some tests on my test site and I could reproduce the same behavior when I set the timezones (WP and event) to UTC+0.

Then I tested what happens if I set it to UTC and it all worked fine. Actually the issue appears only if the event timezone is set to UTC+1. If you set that to UTC or to London, then it should work fine.

Also, it you set your WordPress timezone to UTC or London, then all events created as of then will by default have that timezone too.

Check and let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Saving to Google Calendar shows wrong time zone. (GMT-01:00) Azores.’ is closed to new replies.