Saving a Ticket says successful, but did not save at all.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Saving a Ticket says successful, but did not save at all.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jelle
    Participant

Hello,

After filling in all of the ticket details when making an event and clicking on Save this Ticket it says that the ticket has been successfully saved, but nothing appears and can’t find anything about the ticket in either Events Calendar or WooCommerce.

Please help me, since this has to work within 1,5 week.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Jelle Spaan

Geoff

Hi Jelle, and welcome to the forums! Thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Are you by chance using the WPML plugin? I have seen a similar issue pop up in the past, but it was related to a conflict with that plugin. Just want to see if that’s the cause here as well.

I see that you noted having tried using a default WordPress theme and deactivating all other plugins. Did you happen to notice a difference when creating tickets in those conditions? How about when activating a default WordPress theme while deactivating all other plugins?

Let’s start there and see what we find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Jelle
    Participant

Hello,

I indeed am using WPML and did read something about conflicts that might happen, still I am with the problem that we are in the final phase of a project and from a major plugin, widely respected by developers I should think I could expect normal usage together with another major plugin like WPML.

Reading that more users are experiencing this problem I would say this is something that should be hotfixed to show the support and caring about customers I expected before reading other similar stories as my issues.

Please hear my heart in all of this, since im not here to blame, just to get my client happy and make The Events Calendar even better then it already is.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Jelle Spaan

Rob

Hello Jelle! I head up the support team here at Modern Tribe, and Geoff is unavailable this afternoon. I wanted to reach out and try to help shed some light on this situation. We really appreciate your feedback and I can understand where your frustrations are coming from.

I’m so bummed to see that we’ve failed to meet your customer service expectations. It’s honestly very tricky to ensure that a code base as complicated as The Events Calendar is be compatible with any number of the 35,000+ public WordPress plugins/themes. We work very hard to ensure that our code is compatible with the most recent versions of the most popular themes, plugins and of course WordPress core.

As Geoff noted, we definitely view the WPML conflict as a high priority — it is after all one of the biggest plugins around! And if releasing a hotfix that addressed it were an easy move, we definitely would do so. Unfortunately ensuring integration is no small feat. Plus, since we have some other refactors to the codebase and bug fixes we’re shipping in our forthcoming 3.10 release, we want to get those out the door before we try to tackle this.

The WPML team has contacted us and have expressed interest in working together to make this happen; they have been very helpful so far in passing us reports of conflicts. We will reach out to them for more when we kick off working on a fix. Given how popular WPML is and how many users it serves, we’d be failing a huge number of our customers — yourself included — to not to address this. But we want to make sure we do it right.

The good news is that we do have this slated to finally be addressed in our next release, which will be what we start work on once the 3.10 build ships in the coming weeks. We’ll do our best to better communicate progress to you along the way and I do apologize for any inconvenience this lack of integration causes in the short-term. We appreciate your patience and support so far.

Please let me know if I can do anything else at this time or if you have further questions.

Jelle
    Participant

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your response, can you try to give a more accurate timeframe of when a solution can be expected?

Enjoy the day!

Kind regards,

Jelle Spaan

Rob

Hi Jelle! Thanks for the follow-up, and for your understanding on this issue. I’m always hesitant to give timeframes on issues like this – as the development process has a lot of unknowns, and it’s never possible to perfectly estimate when a feature or bug fix will be addressed. But this is a high priority ticket in our Next Release: the build we start working on when the Current Release ships.

As I mentioned in my last note, the Current Release is pretty much done and just needs final QA / some beta feedback. We’re aiming to release that in May. From there, we’ll start working on the release which is intended to include the WPML fix. I’d expect it’ll take a month or two from there to get it out the door, but don’t want to promise anything.

Hope this helps and sorry I couldn’t provide anything more concrete than that. You can rest assured that when we do make progress here we’ll come back into the thread and give you a status update so you’re in the loop. And if you need anything between now and then, you should definitely feel free to open a new thread so we can try to get you sorted.

Is there anything else I can do for you on this issue at the moment? Let me know if so…if not, I’d be inclined to close this out to keep things organized here on the forums. Thanks again for you patience and support so far 🙂

Jelle
    Participant

Hello Rob,

Thank you for getting back on this!

We will temporarily fix this with applying a form to every event, but this will take about 45 minutes of extra time each week for the customer. It’s ok for now, but we’re really looking forward to the release of the fix!

Thank you!

Rob

I can appreciate the frustrations in the interim, Jelle – we definitely want to make this easier for everyone and I am optimistic that the solution we implement will do so. Thanks for your patience and bearing with us until then.

Since it sounds like the core issue here is addressed, I’m going to close this out for now (though as noted above we will re-open it to let you know when we’re about to release this feature). Please do let us know in new threads if you have any other questions in the interim.

Leah

Hello,

We are excited to report that our upcoming release, The Events Calendar 3.12, includes changes that greatly improve the compatibility between The Events Calendar and WPML. We’ve been working hard on this integration for some time and we want to specifically thank all of our users who requested and waited for this feature. We appreciate all of the support and patience!

Version 3.12 of The Events Calendar will greatly improve compatibility with WPML, but we still have work to do. If you run into any problems integrating the two plugins, please post in our forums so that we can look into the issues. We’ll be on the look out for tweaks and fixes that will improve things further.

Thank you again to everyone who has been waiting for this! The Events Calendar 3.12 is coming soon- watch your WordPress Updates page!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Saving a Ticket says successful, but did not save at all.’ is closed to new replies.