Saved venues and organizers emtptied on new event submission

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Saved venues and organizers emtptied on new event submission

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hannu
    Participant

I’m using The Events Calendar (3.0.3) and Community Events plugin (3.0.1) on my site. I have couple of saved (and published) organizers and venues. Whenever a visitor suggests new event and chooses saved venue and organizer, both are overridden with blank values. E.g. I have venue called “The Venue” and user chooses to use that venue in an event suggestion. After sending the suggestion the venue’s subject, address, description etc. are blank in Admin panel’s Venue list. The address of sending venue suggestions is http://lappajarvi-info.fi/tapahtumat/kayttajat/add. I’m sorry the site is only in Finnish but I’m sure you will get the point. Feel free to send event suggestions for testing.

Casey
    Participant

Hannu,
    These are known issues and should be fixed in the latest version of the plugins, which is 3.1. Please update all of your Modern Tribe plugins to 3.1 and let me know if you’re still having this issue. Thanks!

hannu
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the bug seems to exist in new versions (3.1) as well. I disabled all the other WP plugins I’m using, uninstalled and removed older versions of Events Calendar & Community Events and then re-installed those. Same problem exists.

Casey
    Participant

Hannu,
    I’m unfortunately unable to replicate this issue. Can you try reverting to the default Twenty Thirteen theme and see if this issue still persists?

hannu
    Participant

Thanks again Casey,
    I installed a brand new WordPress (3.6.1) instance with default theme and added both, The Events Calendar (3.1) and Community Events (3.1). Same old story. Whenever I choose existing organizer or venue when posting new event suggestion, the name, address and all the other information goes blank.

Personally I don’t understand why your plugin even tries to update venue and organizer information “on-the-fly” when posting new events / suggestions from the public site. Especially if the registration is not required as it’s not in my project.

However, I got tired of playing around with this problem so I hacked my own hooks & functions to prevent overriding venues and organizers with blank data.

Casey
    Participant

Hannu,
    I doubt this would be the issue, but could you try switching the language to English in this new WordPress instance? The only difference between your configuration and mine, seems to be the Finnish language settings.

So sorry you’ve been having this issue, but hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Saved venues and organizers emtptied on new event submission’ is closed to new replies.