Same Day Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Same Day Recurring Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    integrity
    Participant

Users are having issues creating events that have recurrence rules where some recur multiple times a day at different times. Specific issues include: events occurring on the same day at different times displaying the same time on the front-end, and some events occurring on the same day at different times linking to a 404 rather than the proper event detail page.

Going through the events here reflect these issues: http://racstl.org/events/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe-bar-search=joseph+and+the+amazing+technicolor+dreamcoat

As an example, the first occurrence of the event on 6/03 shows fine, but the second returns a 404.

Another example, the first occurrence on 6/10 shows fine, but the second is simply a duplicate of the first (shows the same start and end times) despite recurrence rules specifying differently.

This has been tested and reproduced on both the latest versions of Events Calender Pro and Community Events, as well as Pro 4.3.3 and CE 4.3.1. I have taken the recommended steps to rule out plugin and theme conflicts.

I have attached the full recurrence rules for the event in question below.

Geoff B.

Good evening Alex and welcome back!

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about these multiple issues you have encountered.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

events occurring on the same day at different times displaying the same time on the front-end, and some events occurring on the same day at different times linking to a 404 rather than the proper event detail page.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch.
    We are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.
    They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.
    Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

In the meantime, it looks like downgrading to 4.2.4 is very likely to fix the issue.

I recommend reading the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Nico

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.6 of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

There are still some issues when using the ‘Once’ option for multiple events in the same day due to a different bug. For overlapping events generated by weekly / monthly / yearly patters the provided solution in this release should work!

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-pro-4-4-6-event-tickets-4-4-6-premium-add-ons/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Same Day Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.