Sales Tax for events in Different Cities

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Sales Tax for events in Different Cities

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sean Niemiec
    Participant

Based on someone having a similar question back in June of 2013 It looks like this might be a shortcoming of woo tickets.

We do most of our shows in Arkansas – but we are going on the tour in towns with different sales tax.

I thought by setting up different Sale Tax Rates in Woocommerece that wootickets would look at the Venue and charge that Towns Sales tax. No Luck. I would be happy to just set the highest of all regions sales tax as a default – but right now – I can’t seem to get it to charge sales tax on any event. Please help.

Barry

Hi! You seem to have posted in the pre-sales forum … it’s generally best to post in the WooCommerce Tickets forum if you already have a license (it looks like you do).

In general though, the application of taxes is something that rests at the level of the ecommerce engine and right now we do not support this. It would mean our plugin would need to interfere in the operation of WooCommerce itself – and I don’t think we have any immediate plans to investigate doing so.

With that said, if you want to post a feature request we’d certainly be more than happy to give it further consideration (and, posting a request also means other users can show their support for this idea – you may even find a suitable existing request you can add your own voice to):

I hope that helps 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Sales Tax for events in Different Cities’ is closed to new replies.