Sale of ticket adds 1 to total stock

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Sale of ticket adds 1 to total stock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Pete
    Participant

I’ve set the stock level to 50. When I buy a ticket (as a test), the event summary reads, “Sold 1 of 51”. When I tried buying all 50, the line reads. “Sold 51 of 101”.

George
    Participant

Hey Pete,

Odd issue indeed, and one I cannot recreate on my testing site. With that in mind, can you address each of the following points to get us started on troubleshooting here?

1. What version of The Events Calendar are you using?
    2. What version of WooCommerce are you using?
    3. What version of WooCommerce Tickets are you using?
    4. Can you try deactivating all other plugins on your site except for the three I inquired about above? Once you’ve done this, can you see if this behavior is different at all?

Thank you!
    George

Pete
    Participant

Sorry – I put all the version numbers in the Systme Info box – which hasn’t showed up.

WordPress 4.2.2 running Eventica Child theme.
    The Events Calendar Version 3.10
    The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets Version 3.10
    WooCommerce Version 2.3.11

I have already tried deactivating all other plug-ins – the effect is the same.
    Thanks

George
    Participant

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the information here. I did some digging and one of our support team leaders Brian actually corrected my knowledge here – it turns out this Is a known issue that can sometimes happen. It stems from things deep within WooCommerce itself, which make it hard for us to address.

But I’m curious, can you clarify what process you’re using to test the purchasing of tickets? You mention this:

when I buy a ticket (as a test),

Are you manually approving payments?

If so, here’s what one of our devs shared with us upon digging into this:

This appears to be intended WooCommerce functionality when manually completing WooCommerce orders. WooCommerce does have a way you can manipulate stock after manually completing an order, though. Steps are:

1. Manually complete order
    2. Click the View icon (the eyeball) on the Order
    3. Scroll down to "Order Items" and check the box next to the item that was purchased.
    4. At the bottom left of the "Order Items" meta box is a drop down. Select "Reduce line item stock" and click the little circle button.

As evidence of how this is a known issue within WooCommerce itself, you can check out the original WooCommerce-specific bug report here β†’ https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/issues/5117

Let us know if the steps I highlighted above from our developer help you at all! πŸ™‚

Thanks,
    George

Pete
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for getting back to me. For testing purposes, I’ve linked the site to my personal PayPal account and set the tickets to be Β£0.05. I don’t want to manually approve payments, but this is what happens. I’m hoping that all the security features of a the business PayPal account will allow payments to complete automatically? If that’s the case, and if payments are NOT manually approved, and that makes the stock control work normally, then the problem ought to go away when I link the site to the business PayPal account. Would you say that was right?

Thanks

George
    Participant

if payments are NOT manually approved, and that makes the stock control work normally, then the problem ought to go away when I link the site to the business PayPal account. Would you say that was right?

Hey Pete,

Your description of things as I quoted them above does, indeed, sound accurate. In other words: there seems to be a set of known bug-behavior with manual processing. However, no such issues are reported with other methods at this time, and I cannot reproduce them.

I hope that helps!

β€” George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Sale of ticket adds 1 to total stock’ is closed to new replies.