Running a gym

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Running a gym

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Lister

Hi,
    What I’m trying to do is setup a WordPress site to manage recurring and one-off gym classes, which people can pay to register for. Either they can do this by paying on the spot, or they can create an account, top up with credit, and get a discount when they pay using their account funds.
    I’ve found that WooCommerce is a good fit for setting up the account side of things, but I’m looking for something to handle the gym events, with embedded payment links in each event listing. Is your WooCommerce integration the thing for me? If so, can I get early access to it??

Thanks,

Jonathan

Karen

I’m developing a site for an art studio and would also like the ability to have people register for multiple classes and pay on one cart. Is this possible?

Rob

Hey folks. Thanks for the note here, and apologies that we’ve taken some time to get you a response – my colleague who was managing this forum is sadly no longer with us, so I’m taking over this week and catching up on what was missed. You can expect responses to come daily (during the work week, that is) from now on. But I appreciate your patience so far.

The core calendar itself should serve the purposes of both an art studio and a gym, in terms of merely showcasing events. Once you get into registration and submission there are more components at play. Tickets at this time can be sold using either the Eventbrite Tickets add-on (which requires you handle the tickets through Eventbrite) or our forthcoming WooTickets add-on, which integrates with WooCommerce and can keep the entire purchase limited to the site. (That add-on will be out in the fall).

Certain aspects beyond that are outside the scope of what we can author. In Jonathan’s use case, for example, the account registration / loading up credits / getting a payment discount wouldn’t be handled by the plugin – though you could probably build or find a third-party solution on that end. On Karen’s situation, registration would be doable insofar as one of the aforementioned ticketing add-ons met your needs. (We’ve had requests for an RSVP-centric plugin and will likely be building one at some point, but that is not on the immediate roadmap).

Hope that helps. If it didn’t, please let me know and I’ll adjust my response to get you what you need. Thanks again for your interest.

Jonathan Lister

Hi Rob, thanks for the response.

Looking forward to the WooTickets release – how much longer?? 🙂

Leah

Hey Jonathan,

Glad you’re looking forward to the WooTickets add on. We don’t have an exact date set for release, but it will be soon. Keep an eye on the site for more news!

~Leah

Jonathan Lister

Gimme gimme gimme!

Leah

We’re working on the beta. It’s coming 😉

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Running a gym’ is closed to new replies.