RSVPs, list of attendees, participants comments and past events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions RSVPs, list of attendees, participants comments and past events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hopper

QUESTIONS ABOUT EVENTS CALENDAR (URBAN TRIBE)

I’m considering buying the plug-in, but I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible for people to RSVP for an event? If so, can they use their facebook or twitter account to do so, or their email?
    2. Is it possible to see the list of attendees to an event?
    3. Is it possible for me as administrator of the WP site using Events Calendar to manually add people to the list of participants that signed up to the event through other platforms (e.g. meetup.com) where I also annonce my events?

Let me illustrate my point and show why this is important for me. Let’s say that I announce an event in both meetup.com and my website using Events Calendar. If Mary and John signed up using meetup, may I, as administrator of the WP website MANUALLY add their names to the list of attendees in my website?

Related to this, if I organize an event with a limited capacity of 20 people and I use both meetup.com and Events Calendar for people to sign up. If, let’s say, I see that 8 people signed up to the event through meetup.com, may I, as the administrator of the WP website using Events Calendar, add 8 people as my guests, so that not more than 12 other people sign up using my website?
    4. In events with limited capacity, is it possible to set a waiting list? If so, if someone confirmed cancels, is it possible to set an automatic email to the first person on waiting list telling her/him that a space has become available?
    5. Is it possible for participants to make comments or ask questions in a wall about a single event?
    6. Is it possible to have a section of past events in which people make comments and/or upload photos of the event?
    7. Is it possible to have a sidebar widget in my homepage of 2 or 3 closest upcoming events and then have a separate webpage with all the events (upcoming and past)?

Thank you very much. Best wishes,

Hopper

George
    Participant

Hi Hopper,

Thanks for your interest in the plugin, I’ll try to address your sub-questions in order:

1. Is it possible for people to RSVP for an event? If so, can they use their facebook or twitter account to do so, or their email?

No, this functionality is not included in the plugin, though you could write custom code to enable it.

2. Is it possible to see the list of attendees to an event?

Yes – all of our ticketing add-ons have an “Attendees” table, which you can see for example by viewing the “Attendees” screenshot on this product page for our WooCommerce-specific ticketing add-on → https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-wootickets/

3. Is it possible for me as administrator of the WP site using Events Calendar to manually add people to the list of participants that signed up to the event through other platforms (e.g. meetup.com) where I also annonce my events?

Let me illustrate my point and show why this is important for me. Let’s say that I announce an event in both meetup.com and my website using Events Calendar. If Mary and John signed up using meetup, may I, as administrator of the WP website MANUALLY add their names to the list of attendees in my website?

Related to this, if I organize an event with a limited capacity of 20 people and I use both meetup.com and Events Calendar for people to sign up. If, let’s say, I see that 8 people signed up to the event through meetup.com, may I, as the administrator of the WP website using Events Calendar, add 8 people as my guests, so that not more than 12 other people sign up using my website?

You can do all of the specific things you mentioned in your question here, though note that these things are not necessarily very simple, or as easy as just clicking a button and having it done. I’m not noting that to insult your intelligence, I’m just noting it to ensure your expectations aren’t too high about the simplicity of these things. For example, to manually add custom ticket purchases to an event, you could do something like create a 100%-off coupon code that only you know, and then do a bunch of “fake”/100%-off purchases of tickets yourself to manually add the people to your Attendees list…

4. In events with limited capacity, is it possible to set a waiting list? If so, if someone confirmed cancels, is it possible to set an automatic email to the first person on waiting list telling her/him that a space has become available?

There currently is no waiting-list functionality in the plugin.

5. Is it possible for participants to make comments or ask questions in a wall about a single event?

Well, if you create an event and have comments enabled for the Event post type, they can just comment on the event. Or if the event is linked to from a post or page elsewhere on your site, they can comment on the page. But the plugin itself doesn’t have some special “wall” feature separate from your site’s normal commenting system.

6. Is it possible to have a section of past events in which people make comments and/or upload photos of the event?

Events do not disappear after they happen, they remain on your site unless you manually delete them – so if you keep comments open and already have features in place that allow users to upload photos and such, then the Event will indeed stay open to be updated in this way. But none of our plugins themselves have special separate features like “user uploaded photos” and such.

7. Is it possible to have a sidebar widget in my homepage of 2 or 3 closest upcoming events and then have a separate webpage with all the events (upcoming and past)

Yes. To see more about the functionality of both widgets and the main /events/ feed page, check out the product pages here on theeventscalendar.com for any specific add-on you’re interested in, or check out our official demo site at http://wpshindig.com to see a real /events/ page, real widgets, etc.

I hope all this information helps! 🙂

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVPs, list of attendees, participants comments and past events’ is closed to new replies.