RSVP thank you redirect

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus RSVP thank you redirect

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Linda Pritchard
    Participant

Just a question on the functions of this extension. Should it record the RSVP or is it just going directly to the Thank You page?

Thanks 🙂

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

When a user RSVPs, the page should refresh and display a “Your RSVP has been received! Check your email for your RSVP confirmation.” message above the RSVP box. The user should then receive an email, and their registration should show up on the attendees page for that event.

Is this not what’s happening on your site? Please let me know if you’re running into any issues or have any other questions on how RSVPs work!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Linda Pritchard
    Participant

I’m using the beta Thank You redirect extension. When an RSVP is made it is not registering the attendee and just going to the redirected page. I know its beta, but I just wanted to know if that is what it was supposed to do? So essentially, if using this redirect extension nothing is being recorded.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Thanks for clarifying! The RSVPs should be recorded. I just tested this out with the extension on my end, and the attendees were being recorded when using the extension. Can you confirm that this is the extension you are using? If you got it from somewhere else, please send me the link so that I can test it out, but I believe the one I linked to is the current version. Our extensions are technically beyond the scope of the support that we provide here in the forums, but we do like to identify bugs with them and get them fixed when possible!

Can you also try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins to make sure that there isn’t anything else on your site that could be interfering?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Linda Pritchard
    Participant

Well, I think I narrowed it down. I am using the correct beta.

It is an issue with the tickets and recurring events. When someone does an RSVP on a recurring event they all go and lump under the first event in the series.

I know I’m jumping topic, but is there a fix for that?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Linda,

Unfortunately support for recurring tickets/RSVPs is currently limited – you can add tickets/RSVPs to the series, but not individual tickets to each of the dates in the series. This means that no matter which date the user clicks on to RSVP, it will be the same ticket. I’m sorry for the bad news here!

We are currently working on extending and improving support for recurring tickets for a future release. I would recommend casting your vote on this feature request so that you can stay up to date as we make progress on this feature!

For the time being, the only way to have separate tickets for each date is to have separate events. For the recurring events you already have, you could break each date from the series and then add the tickets to that date. This will ensure that users are registering for tickets on the date they intend to.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better solution for you at the moment, but please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP thank you redirect’ is closed to new replies.