RSVP sync between Events Calendar and my meetup.com events page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions RSVP sync between Events Calendar and my meetup.com events page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hopper

RSVP sync between Events Calendar and my meetup.com events page

Hi, I have a meetup group in meetup.com and now I’m building my WordPress website, in which I’d like also to announce my meetup events. I’m searching for a way that people can register for the events in either my website or my meetup group page and automatically will appear their name and photo in the other platform.
    1. Does Events Calendar allow people to register on my WP website for the meetup events or does it only publishes the info that appaears in my meetup group page (in meetup.com) and one needs to go to meetup.com to register (in the few examples I saw, it was just the latter with the ‘view on meetup.com’ button, but I wonder if there’s the choice to register directly on the WP website)?

2. Is there a possibility to see on the WP website various types of information that appear in the meetup.com about the event (how many people signed up, their names and photos, comments they make on the event, etc)/

3. Is the plug-in only about future events or does it have – as meetup.com a section for past events, in which people can post photos, etc?

Thank you very much. Best,

Hopper

Barry

Hi Hopper,

That’s a great set of questions.

Right now integration with meetup.com is not something any of our plugins offer “out of the box”, though its actually something we are exploring.

To answer your last question which isn’t meetup.com-specific, while The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO are certainly geared toward the promotion of current and upcoming events it also provides unencumbered access to past events 🙂

I hope that answers your questions but do let me know if I can help with anything else.

Hopper

Hi Barry,

thanks for your response and sorry for not following up sooner. A couple of follow up questions about events calendar features, unrelated to meetup:

1. Is there a possibility for participants to RSVP to an event and then show their names, photos or avatars in a list on the WE website?

2. Is there a possibility to set a limit how many people can sign in for the event and then have others be on a waiting list?

3. Is it possible for participants to make comments about the event and upload photos before and after the event?

Thank you very much. Best,

Hopper

Barry

Hi Hopper,

1. Is there a possibility for participants to RSVP to an event and then show their names, photos or avatars in a list on the WE website?

Not too sure what you mean by the WE website – but we do offer a range of ticketing solutions which effectively allow users to confirm their attendance at various events, whether the events are free or paid for. Check out:

• Our ticketing solutions designed to integrate with various leading ecommerce engines
    • Our Eventbrite solution which has recently been updated for compatibility with Eventbrite’s latest API
    • Event Rocket is a third party solution, unsupported by us, but offers basic and customizable RSVP facilities

Showing their names, avatars and so on is – in each case – something that would need to be implemented as a further customization 🙂

2. Is there a possibility to set a limit how many people can sign in for the event and then have others be on a waiting list?

While none of the above solutions facilitate this directly, it may be possible through additional customization work.

3. Is it possible for participants to make comments about the event and upload photos before and after the event?

The Events Calendar makes use of custom post types and so users can comment on events just as they might blog posts.

If you wanted to restrict this to those users who have confirmed they will attend an event that should certainly be possible (again, some small amount of customization required).

I hope that answers your questions!

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP sync between Events Calendar and my meetup.com events page’ is closed to new replies.