RSVP requires name and email

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions RSVP requires name and email

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Chip cooper

Hi!

We’ve set the RSVP to be only for those logged in.
    If you make and RSVP, you are still required to fill in Name + email.
    Any way to get those 2 fields auto populated since the person is already logged in?

Thank you!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Chip and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Any way to get those 2 fields auto populated since the person is already logged in?

The short answer is that this can be done using the a template override.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Here is the sample of how that would look: https://gist.github.com/niconerd/b31d7d436a35e15a1f0c151f9a0bc7bb

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Chip Cooper

Thanks so much Geoff!

Chip Cooper

Hi Geoff,

I tried the code (only email gets populated…no name) and notice:
    1. The version of your code link was 4.2.7, and mine was 4.4.3
    2. 2 Booleans in your code, 3 in mine w/ default install from this past week:
    $is_there_any_product = false;
    $is_there_any_product_to_sell = false;

$is_there_any_product = false;
    $is_there_any_product_to_sell = false;
    $are_products_available = false;

The email populates, but the name is still blank. Is that expected? We’d like to have name populated too.

Thank you!

Chip Cooper

Hi Geoff,

Sorry…just double checked, and the name field in the user’s profile wasn’t filled out.
    It’s now filled in, and the name is getting populated per your code on the RSVP page.

Any concern on the versioning differences and top variable declaration differences?

Thanks so much for the help!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Chip,

I am glad you are making progress on this.

The snippet provided has not been updated in a while (as you have found out).
    For this reason, there might be a few adjustments necessary (including the version number).

I would recommend comparing the template content to the latest version of the current rsvp.php file for Event Tickets. But, for the most part, it should be fine.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Chip Cooper

Hi Geoff,

One think I see is the newer file has the following around line 52 (& this variable is set to false on the newer file too @:
    if ( $is_there_any_product_to_sell ) {
    $are_products_available = true;
    }

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Chip,

Would it be possible to send copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

This way I could point you in the right direction.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Chip Cooper

Hi Geoff,

thanks so much for the help.
    Zipped site is @:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wN6nCeHv83YnRQZ1ZZRHpNaUk/view?usp=sharing

Geoff B.

Good evening Chip,

Thank you for the link.

However, it looks like you have directly modified the plugin’s files. Yikes!

The proper way to do this is to use template overrides. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

To answer your question, there is way more than line 52 to update for that snippet.

Just to set expectations, as you might know, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization or snippet updates.

My best recommendation (aside from using a proper template override) would be to use a file compare tool between the snippet and the latest version of  /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/rsvp.php

Best of luck ,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP requires name and email’ is closed to new replies.