RSVP quantity steps

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus RSVP quantity steps

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Niels
    Participant

Hey there,
    I just wanted to report on a problem I recently ran into with event tickets (plus) in combination with woocommerce and the enfold theme by kreisi.at.
    The RSVP form has the quantity input
    <input type="number" class="tribe-ticket-quantity" .... > (event-tickets/src/views/rsvp.php:54)
    which, in case woocommerce and enfold are active, gets jQueried to a type="text" with some additions, namely buttons besides the input field for increasing and decreasing the quantity.
    These, however, rely on the step-attribute being defined with an int (or any number, i guess) inside the input-tag, otherwise the script for in-/decreasing returns a NaN value – which leaves the buttons basically useless…
    This is only true for the RSVP form as the Tickets from gets rendered perfectly usable.
    I’d love to see a step="1" explicitly included in the RSVP code shipped by you, as it would not hurt (i suppose) and decrease the number of modifications made by me locally to be tracked through upgrades.

Looking forward to hear from you
    Best
    Niels

BTW your plugins and support are outstanding – thanks a lot

Nico

Hi there Niels,

Thanks for getting in touch with us to report this incompatibility πŸ™‚

which, in case woocommerce and enfold are active, gets jQueried to a type=”text” with some additions, namely buttons besides the input field for increasing and decreasing the quantity.

I guess it must be the theme modifying the input as RSVP shouldn’t be affected by WooCommerce. Can you please try to disable Woo and see if this still happens? Can you also check if there’s a template override for the RSVP form? To check this you can look for a file named rsvp.php in themes/krisi_folder_name/tribe_events/tickets/.

Let’s review this and if makes sense I’ll log a ticket for our devs to look into adding this attribute.

Best,
    Nico

Niels
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    thanks for responding.
    There is no template overwriting taking place within the theme’s folder.
    The modification is definitely done by the theme. However, disabling Woo resolves the issue, because the theme comes with the enfold/config-woocommerce/woocommerce-mod.js, which, I suppose, won’t get loaded if Woo is not active…
    Inside this file starting from line 16 the function avia_apply_quant_btn() is defined, that looks for <input>-environments inside of quantity-classes, which happens to be the case for the rsvp form based on rsvp.php:48, and applies the above mentioned modifications.

I hope this further clarifies the problem.

Regards
    Niels

Nico

Thanks for following up Niels!

I’ll talk with a front-end dev from our team to see if including the step attribute seems right from our perspective. Most of the team is out for thanks giving so this will have to wait until next week probably.

Best,
    Nico

Niels
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    that’s alright.
    Please let me know on further developments or if you need additional clarifications.

Happy holidays
    Niels

Nico

Thanks Neils! Hope you have nice holidays too πŸ™‚

I’ll be back to you next week, once the team is fully back.

Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hey Niels,

I’m sorry to say that for now you’ll have to rely on a template override of your own. Although what you ask seems logical, we are not going to globally change this for now. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this might cause but at least for the near future template override is the way to go.

Thanks,
    Nico

Niels
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    thanks for the reply.
    Too bad, hearing it won’t find it’s way into the release in the near future – maybe later…
    Is it possible, that you can give me some insights on the decision? Maybe this will save me from some pitfalls, I could encounter. Does it interfere with some of the functionaltity? Or just not of general importance?

Best
    Niels

Nico

Thanks for following up Niels. Sure I can clarify a bit…

Is it possible, that you can give me some insights on the decision? Maybe this will save me from some pitfalls, I could encounter. Does it interfere with some of the functionaltity? Or just not of general importance?

I think the main reason is that we don’t update templates very frequently. Introducing changes in templates, means for the customer who has templates override in place to revisit their code and try to stay up to date. So changes like this are done in batches. For example in next feature release 4.4 the submission form will receive a major overhaul and many changes will be introduced. If these changes were divided into smaller tweaks across versions it would not be convenient for customers with customized versions of the templates, theme developers, etc. If I’m not mistaken the tickets form will be revisited as well next year. All this said the recommendation has been made and it’s now a matter of how the front-end team will organize the work πŸ™‚

Hope this helps to understand how things are viewed from our side!

Best,
    Nico

Niels
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    thanks a lot – this totally makes sense.
    Also, this gives me the confidence that my customized templates will not lag behind major changes, if they are properly announced – which yours truly are…
    Clarifying on this is really appreciated.
    As said before: outstanding support
    From my side, feel free to close this thread.

Keep it up!
    Niels

Nico

Stoked to hear Niels! Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate πŸ™‚

Also, this gives me the confidence that my customized templates will not lag behind major changes, if they are properly announced – which yours truly are…

Yeah, this is what we try to do. If any changes (small or not so) are introduced they should be properly communicated in the change log and the release blog post.

Thanks for being a great customer to work with! I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Cheers,
    Nico

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP quantity steps’ is closed to new replies.