RSVP quantity starts at zero

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus RSVP quantity starts at zero

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Hi,
    On the registration form, the event quantity starts at zero, allowing a visitor to think they’ve registered when they haven’t. They put in their name & email in the “Send RSVP confirmation to:” fields and click Confirm – there’s even a confirmation their RSVP was received.

Additionally, I have the event set to request attendees names, but unless the visitor knows to click in the number field, those attendee fields never show.

IMO, this field should start at 1.
    Additionally, it would be nice to have an instructional statement like “Enter Quantity of Attendees”

Example: http://www.miagg.org/event/2016-mine-safety-refresher/

Please advise,
    Paul

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Paul,

I totally get the dilllema. I recently wrote a snippet to help address this. If you paste the following snippet at the top of your theme’s functions.php file it will prevent folks from submitting an RSVP without selecting an amount. Replace the opening “<?php” with this snippet, as this snippet includes that opening tag.

https://gist.github.com/elimn/30c533fad7ee5ce4c3cb8a0f727c7190

The reason this does not default to 1 is because you can have multiple RSVPs and event tickets per event. If they all defaulted to 1 then hitting submit would cause 1 of each to submit, and that’s not what the customer wants either. So the above snippet just makes sure they have selected an amount before continuing.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Paul
    Participant

Perfect. Thank you !

Brook
    Participant

You are welcome! Happy to help.

• Brook
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP quantity starts at zero’ is closed to new replies.