RSVP only , not ticket sales, for subscribers

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events RSVP only , not ticket sales, for subscribers

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by titusraj.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    titusraj
    Participant

Dear Sir / Madam,

Is there an option for subscribers to utilise the RSVP but not ticket sales. At the moment if we don’t tick ‘Allow any user to create tickets’ then the RSVP function is taken away too. Basically the option to allow RSVP function to work for all subscribers.

Is customisation required for this ? if so, what would be the cost.

Many Thanks
    Titus

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Titus,

I would love to assist here.

That should be possible! Here is an example of how to remove options from that area. This is a modified version of that code that I think will do exactly what you want:

https://gist.github.com/elimn/58f9058cd6f2c3abbd4567d960081968

Did that work?

Cheers!

– Brook

titusraj
    Participant

Many Thanks

Brook
    Participant

You are very welcome! Please let me know if that snippet gives you any trouble, or if you  have any other related questions.

Cheers!

– Brook

titusraj
    Participant

This reply is private.

titusraj
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Can you please tell me where to add this.

Brook
    Participant

I am sorry I was not clear enough before. You can paste this in almost any WordPress PHP file. Typically people put it in their theme’s functions.php file. Does putting it there work for you?

Cheers!

– Brook

titusraj
    Participant

Thank You, will try this soon and get back to you.
    Titus

titusraj
    Participant

HI Brook,

The code has been added, however, users / subscribers are still having the ability to use the paid tickets options when community tickets are enabled..

Basically we do not want to give this options to subscribers, however we want the subscribers to be able to use the RSVP function freely but not paid tickets option.

Thanks
    Titus

Brook
    Participant

Thank you for clarifying Titus. I was writing something that behaved a little bit differently than you just described.

In my code if you replace this line (third line from the bottom):

if ( ! is_user_logged_in() ) {

With this:

if ( ! current_user_can('edit_others_posts') ) {

Then it should hide those options from everyone except Editors and Admins on your site. Did that work?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP only , not ticket sales, for subscribers’ is closed to new replies.