RSS feed shows Start Date as the pubDate

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO RSS feed shows Start Date as the pubDate

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster CUNY
    Participant

Hi,
    We’re trying to work with the Event feed to add start and end date/time and noticed that the pub date that’s appearing on the RSS is actually the event’s start date.

This happens even before we make any modifications to the RSS feed to add the start/end date/time (we are modifying our staging copy and NOT production yet). From what I can see on your forums, this shouldn’t be happening with your plugin so I’m a bit confused as to why happens on our site.

I tried deactivating all non-Modern Tribe plugins and that didn’t work.

We don’t have any other themes on this install other than the one MT built for us, but I’m going to assume that as with the plugins there shouldn’t be a conflict between theme or plugins since they were all developed by you guys.

Any help figuring this out would be great.

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Webmaster,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the forums!

What you see, that the pub date is the event’s start date in the RSS feed is the default behavior of our plugin.

Please let me know if I can help you any further.

Cheers,
    Andras

Webmaster CUNY
    Participant

Is there an easy to way for me to change that w/out editing the plugin files?
    I found your instructions on how to add the start/end information on your site, do you have something similar for this issue? The problem is that if the event is in the future, WordPress assumes it’s “Scheduled” instead of “Published.” We need it to be “Published” for us to use it on our event site.

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello,

Is there an easy to way for me to change that w/out editing the plugin files?

I will need a bit of time to check this for you.

As far as I know the feed is generated by WordPress so probably it can be customized like this.

I will still try to get back to you with a bit more info on this.

if the event is in the future, WordPress assumes it’s “Scheduled” instead of “Published.”

I would like to give some clarification on this so we are on the same page.

If you look at the RSS feed, then a future event does seem to be “scheduled” because the publish date is the future start date of the event.

However, when you create an event on your site, then the publish date will be when you first created / saved that event. (screenshot)

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I got some good news.

If you put this snippet into your theme’s (child theme’s) functions.php file, then it will show the true publication date for the events as “<pubDate>” in the RSS feed.

remove_filter('get_post_time', array( 'Tribe__Events__Templates', 'event_date_to_pubDate', 10) );

Give it a go and let me know if this does the trick for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Webmaster CUNY
    Participant

Hey, I looks like it does work.
    I’ll confirm in a couple of days after we have developer look at the feed
    and make sure it works for what he’s doing.
    FYI: the reason we need the feed to have the real pub date and thus the
    Publish status is because we are one of many campuses of CUNY and the main
    office adds an event feed to their site to promote events from all CUNY
    schools.

Andras
    Keymaster

Happy to hear about the good results and thanks for the background info.

Looking forward to hearing back from your dev.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘RSS feed shows Start Date as the pubDate’ is closed to new replies.