RSS Feed of events filtered by organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO RSS Feed of events filtered by organizer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve Been using the event feeds to display on other sites such as : [site url]/category/[category]/feed/
    which outputs a useful feed of events filtered by category

I was hoping when I upgraded to PRO I would get the same for organizers ([your-site]/organizer/[organizer-name]/feed) but it doesn’t seem to work and I can’t find any documentation on it online.

Can anyone let me know how it could be filtered into a feed?

Nico

Howdy Matt,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I can help you on this!

What you describe seems to be true, and there’s no feed output for the organizer page. But there’s a workaround to basically change the query arguments in case there’s a query string indicating the organizer ID.

For this you’ll need to paste the snippet below in your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file:

/* Tribe, get feed by organizer ID */
    function tribe_alter_feed ( $query ) {

if ( !is_feed() || !tribe_is_event_query() ) return;

// set organizer if passed
    if ( isset ($_REQUEST['tribe_organizer']) ) $query->set('tribe_organizer', (int)$_REQUEST['tribe_organizer']);

}
    add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'tribe_alter_feed' );

This appending an organizer parameter to the URL [site url]/events/feed/?tribe_organizer=16 the change will be triggered.

Please let me know if this works (bear in mind feeds have a strong cache in WP),
    Best,
    Nico

Matt
    Participant

Thats perfect!
    Thanks very much for your help.
    Cheers

Nico

Thanks for the heads-up Matt! Glad I could help you on this 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘RSS Feed of events filtered by organizer’ is closed to new replies.