RSS Feed not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO RSS Feed not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Avary Kent
    Participant

We’ve been using the RSS feed for a couple of years from Events Calendar PRO to list our upcoming events in our monthly newsletter.

Today when we went to craft the campaign with the following feed code:

*|FEED:http://conveners.org/events/feed [$category=xyz]|*
    Upcoming March Events
    *|FEEDITEMS:[$count=10]|*
    *|FEEDITEM:DATE:F d, Y|*
    *|FEEDITEM:TITLE|*
    *|END:FEEDITEMS|*

We got the following error:
    No RSS items found.
    Upcoming March Events

When I go to http://conveners.org/events/feed/ it displays the XML code for the feed, so it is unclear why this is breaking down in our newsletter. It has also retroactively impacted all of our previous newsletters over the last 2 years since we’ve been using the feed code.

Can you please advise what we need to fix?
    Thank you

Courtney

Hi Avary

I checked your RSS Feed at Feed Validator and by adding it to Feedly. It appears to be mostly working. What I did see was an issue with the last paragraph on this event.  Can you try temporarily taking that paragraph out and check again on Feed Validator?

Thanks
    Courtney

Avary Kent
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for sharing that info.

I have made the adjustment that you recommended — although it doesn’t seem to have fixed the issue. Let me know if you have any other recommendations.

Thank you

Courtney

Sorry you are still having issues there Avary.

It seems that all else is working inside WordPress, with the Events Calendar Pro plugin, and with your RSS feed.  I’d suggest reaching out to support with your email newsletter provider.  The code looks like Mailchimp, so maybe check with this article too.

Please let us know what they say.

Thanks,
    Courtney

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘RSS Feed not working’ is closed to new replies.