RSS feed items

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO RSS feed items

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Wagner
    Participant

I have read the tutorial here about how to edit the event feed (link below) but am still at a loss.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/rss-feed/

This tutorial is specific to start/end times. My issue is trying to extend this to include other items in the feed such as venue, venue address, venue latitude/longitude, organizers, etc. RSS feeds are new to me so I am not sure how to work with the provided tutorial. Other forum posts refer to other tutorials that don’t seem to be on the site anymore. Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Barry

Hi Jesse,

Sounds like an interesting idea!

Please do note that the level of support we can offer for customizations like this one is pretty limited – however I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction if we can 🙂

My issue is trying to extend this to include other items in the feed such as venue, venue address, venue latitude/longitude, organizers, etc. RSS feeds are new to me so I am not sure how to work with the provided tutorial.

You would essentially use the same approach detailed in that tutorial for adding the start and end times, however instead of injecting those times (or in addition to) you would simply add whatever tags are appropriate and still result in a valid RSS feed and populate them using our template tags/helper functions:

Does that help?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘RSS feed items’ is closed to new replies.