RSS feed – ics format

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO RSS feed – ics format

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Roger.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Roger
    Participant

Are there any options to publish (export) a feed from our events calendar in ics format?

If not, what format is the feed in?

Trisha

Hi Roger,

I can help you with this!

If you go to [your-site]/events/feed you’ll see  the RSS Feed for your calendar.

We also have a Knowledgebase article here that explains in a little more detail and will show you how to customize the feed https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/customize-rss-feed/

You can export an ICS file from your calendar by clicking the button shown in the screenshot below:

The ICS files that are exported from The Events Calendar are static files that can be imported into any application that supports them, but they do not establish a link between the two sites.

You can read more about our ICS export functionality here on our Knowledgebase.

<span class=”emoji-container”>I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if there’s anything else I can do to assist! <span class=”emoji-outer emoji-sizer”><span class=”emoji-inner”>?</span></span></span>

Cheers,
    Trisha

Roger
    Participant

Thanks Trisha,

I guess I didn’t word my question clearly enough.

I know I can statically export a file in ics format. My question was whether there was any support for the feed in ics format, so that it can feed automatically in to external systems (that support the ‘standard’ ics format).

I know that competitors such as Timely support this; I was hoping there would be a solution already for The Event Calendar, or leastways something in the pipeline.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Roger.
    Trisha

Hi, Roger!

So sorry for the misunderstanding on my part! I did find out that as of v4.4 our ICS feed has pretty robust support.

Copy the link that you would normally use to download the .ics file as use that as your feed URL.

I hope this helps! Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘RSS feed – ics format’ is closed to new replies.