URLs work then don't work?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events URLs work then don't work?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sandie
    Participant

The issues I have are:
    (1) /events/community/add/ worked the first time I tried it, but has never worked since! Not only that, between it being seen to work once, and then be unable to make it work again, the only thing I did was add a custom menu link. In my case I’ve amended the first slug to ‘calendar’ so I’m using /calendar/community/add/. I’m using the WordPress custom URL option, and I’ve re-saved it. When /calendar/community/add/ fails to work, it re-directs to /WP_Router/wp-router-placeholder-page/.
    (2) One thing I’m not clear on, which may be important, is do I need a page created with a slug of ‘calendar’? The plugin functionality seems unaffected whether I have one, or not (I permanently deleted it when I removed it, it wasn’t in trash still using the slug).

Information that may be helpful:
    -Wordpress 3.3.2
    -Problem still apparent with TEC & Community as the only active plugins.

Update:
    I tried a fresh WordPress installation with a WooThemes theme, and issue (1) is unchanged. I won’t be using the WooTheme (they no longer offer Buddypress themes), I just wanted to see the plugin working to find out if it actually works the way I need it to!

Rob

Hi there Sandie. Thanks for reaching out, and my apologies for taking a few days to get back to you. (It was a holiday weekend here in the States, in case you are abroad, so we kind of shut down to let our team enjoy BBQs and American military history).

For #1…if I understand correctly, you’re having the same problem discussed here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wp-router-placeholder-page/. Can you confirm as much? If so, we’ve got a planned fix in the works for the next release and my colleague Jonah noted a possible solution in the interim there in the thread. If that’s not the issue and I’m misunderstood please let me know and I can adjust my response accordingly.

For #2…nope, no need to create a ‘calendar’ page. By default when just the Events plugin is active, the calendar will live at (siteurl.com)/events. That ‘events’ page (which can be renamed ‘calendar’ if you want) is automatically created.

Hope that helps. Please let me know what else I can do to assist from there. Thanks again for your support.

Sandie
    Participant

I assume it is the same problem as the link you provided, but Jonah’s workaround makes no sense to me. I purchased this plugin as I need a calendar that the community can access and use from the front end, however what I currently have is a calendar that nobody can use from the front end. In addition, the calendar is only displaying correctly after I added templates to my theme. The other plugin pages don’t appear to have a method for mapping them to the required templates, even if I had the WordPress know-how to figure out what is required to fix them…
    I note the other thread was raised on 3rd May, when do you expect the fix to be available?

Rob

Hi there Sandie. Thanks for the follow-up, and for your feedback. I can understand your frustration and apologize on behalf of the team for the inconvenience. It’s worth noting that the current Community release is 1.0, which means it’s the very first build…so there are bound to be issues and quirks that we didn’t catch in QA, which we’re relying on users to identify and bring to our attention so we can resolve them. We do monthly maintenance releases of each plugin that come the first week of the month; our 1.0.1 release for community is thus locked down and ready to ship next week. While this fix is currently slated for the following release (1.0.2, coming the first week of July) Jonah’s solution should work in the short-term for users who need a workaround. If you can clarify which aspect of the workaround doesn’t make sense we can do what we can to work through it with you.

I’m not sure if I understand the question about mapping the plugin pages…can you elaborate on this? Thanks again for your patience and support so far. Let me know about the above and I’ll do what I can to help.

Sandie
    Participant

Two months to fix a serious fault with the initial implementation of a product interacting with core WordPress in similar ways to your other products is far too long in my book. How do I request a refund?

John Paul
    Participant

Sandie, you’re exactly right, they knew about this problem THE DAY THE PLUGIN WAS RELEASED because I reported it.

Now we hear it didn’t even make it into the next release? Sorry, I waited a month, now only to hear the problem wasn’t important enough for you to fix this time around.

I want a refund, as this plugin NEVER worked.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘URLs work then don't work?’ is closed to new replies.