Revert to old page template

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Revert to old page template

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Leanne
    Participant

Hi,

we recently updated out plugins only to find that the events page layout has changed and it is not as we preferred it. The featured images are very large, and most images are cut off due to not being the correct size now. The old style of the page layout was much better with smaller, full images, however we are unable to revert back to this, no matter which way we toggle with the radio button options in ‘Default stylesheet used for events templates’ or ‘Events Template’ drop down options. The Skeleton option gives a very stripped back version of the new page, whilst all the other options are the same, new layout. How can we revert to the old page layout please?

View: http://promosetgo.com/events

Please advise. Thanks

Leanne

Promo Set Go

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Leanne!

I would love to help you with this. When you updated plugins Do you remember if you also updated your Avada theme? Do you remember what the last version of The Events Calendar was that you were on? Let me know and I can begin diving into what’s going on here.

Cheers!

– Brook

Leanne
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Thanks for a speedy response! Unfortunately, I don’t remember which version was before the update, but we always keep the plugins up to date so it couldn’t have been too old, we also purchased a new Event Calendar Plus plugin a short while ago, so it would have been whatever version was current at that time.

When we updated and noticed the recent change of the page, we did also update the Avada theme, but the events page and the single event pages appear to be the only pages which have changed. The home page and other pages are the same as before they update.

Thanks for your assistance.

Leanne

Brook
    Participant

Thanks Leanne for the extra info.

We have seen a few folks with similar symptoms. In every case thus far it was a result of the Avada theme update. Avada has recently been integrating The Events Calendar views into their theme, purposefully modifying the Events pages look. Many folks love the new look, but some like you want it to revert back.

Avada offers no way to disable their tweaks other than modifying the theme. And of course no option in Event Settings can disable it either, because all of the changes are coming from Avada.

If you want it to look like it exactly did before you can either downgrade to the past version of the theme, or try modifying the Avada theme and stripping out all of the new modifications. Or, if you just have a few things you’d like to tweak it might be possible for us or Avada’s support to walk you through those changes. You’ll just need to specify what you want changed. Technically it’s supposed to be Avada who would help you modify this, but I’ll happily help you as much as I can.

Cheers!

– Brook

Leanne
    Participant

Hi Brook,

Thanks so much for your help! Oh wow, that makes sense now, very annoying though as it’s a drastic change and there are no guidelines as to the correct size of the photos for the featured images now, so many of them are incorrect, cropped or stretched. Also, the box layout makes the pricing less visible. The old style was much smaller, cleaner and clearer.

Reverting to the old version may cause kinks else where, so we would like to have the most recent version to be honest.
    With the others who have this issue, is there common knowledge on the correct size of the new images? If we cant revert, we need to at least know the size images should be. Ideally, we’d like smaller images and the price separate like it was before…

Thanks again for your assistance.

Leanne

Brook
    Participant

That’s totally understandable. It’s always nice to be up-to-date anyways, especially if at some point in the future they release a security update.

With how Avada arranges the HTML for that image there is really only one thing we can do with pure CSS:

#tribe-events .tribe-events-list .type-tribe_events .tribe-events-event-image { background-size: contain !important; }

That will cause the image to go back to its original size, but it will tile the image to fill up the remaining space. This is probably not what you want. If you would like the image to go back to its usual aspect ratio without the tiling you will need to talk to Avada. Such a modification will require directly editing their template files, and I don’t have access to those so I can’t walk you through what you’d need to change.

Please let me know if I can be of anymore assistance. Cheers!

– Brook

Leanne
    Participant

Ok, no problem Brook.Thank you very much! You have been so helpful.
    I will head over to Avada now and see what they say!

Brook
    Participant

You’re welcome Leanne. They are very good chaps over there, hurt nothing but success stories. All the best!

• Brook
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Revert to old page template’ is closed to new replies.