Retrieving events via REST API

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Retrieving events via REST API

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    J Huffman
    Participant

Hello,

Is there a REST API available for retrieving a list of our events? I’ve installed the WP REST API plugin and am trying to retrieve events with the /wp-json/wp/v2/posts?post_type=tribe_events query but it doesn’t return events. Is there a different way to go about this?

Thanks,
    Lee

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins.

We do not support the REST API so there is no way to access the events custom post type without adding coding to your site to do it.

It is something we are interested in adding support for now that part of the API is going to be included in WordPress 4.4.

I do not have a timeline when that support might happen and it will not be included in our next release as that coding is already finalized and in testing.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

J Huffman
    Participant

Oof. That’s a pretty big bummer. Guess I’ll be forced to hack around this.

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry to bum you out. Once it is fully part of core we can begin supporting it.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Courtney

Hey there

Just posting a quick update that we’ve just launched The Events Calendar – Full REST Support. You can read the release notes at https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-full-rest-support/.

We also published a helpful guide: Introduction to The Events Calendar REST API https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/introduction-events-calendar-rest-api/ .

We’re excited to provide this functionality for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Retrieving events via REST API’ is closed to new replies.