Retrieve Event ID from Ticket ID

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Retrieve Event ID from Ticket ID

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wee Hang
    Participant

Hi,

In regards to the question posted at

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/get-ticket-data-by-event-id/

I would like to know is there a way to retrieve Event ID from Ticket ID?

George
    Participant

Hey @Wee Hang,

The current method for getting the Event ID from a ticket’s ID is to use the get_event_for_ticket method on the Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main class.

So, for example, let’s say you have a ticket ID stored in a variable $ticket_id – you could get the event ID like this:

$tribe_woo = Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main::get_instance();
    $ticket_product = class_exists( 'WC_Product_Simple' ) ? new WC_Product_Simple( $ticket_id ) : new WC_Product( $ticket_id );

$event = $tribe_woo->get_event_for_ticket( $ticket_product );

At this point in the code above, $event is now the WP_Post object for the event. So to get the ID of it, just call $event->ID.

Cheers!
    George

Wee Hang
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply. So I have replaced the ticketID with the productID because as I have understood it, its the same right? But I am not able to retrieve the information of that said event but rather the result return is the product details in array. Did I miss out it somewhere?

$tribe_woo = Tribe__Events__Tickets__Woo__Main::get_instance();
    $ticket_product = class_exists( ‘WC_Product_Simple’ ) ? new WC_Product_Simple( $cart_item[“data”]->id ) : new WC_Product( $cart_item[“data”]->id );

$event = $tribe_woo->get_event_for_ticket( $ticket_product );

George
    Participant

Hi @Wee,

I’m not quite sure about the results you claim to be getting – sorry if things aren’t working right here! They do for me though…I would recommend adding this bit of code right after the last line of the code I wrote above:

var_dump( $event );

Then view the front-end of your site again; what is the output of this function for you? You can copy and paste the whole output into a paste on Pastebin.com and share a link to that paste here, I’ll take a look…

Thanks!
    George

Wee Hang
    Participant

I’m looking at bool(false) as the result.
    I am putting this code at woocommerce’s plugin in cart’s page. Not sure if it will affect or changes anything.

George
    Participant

The problem is likely indeed related to something with this value: $cart_item['data']->id

I’d recommend just working backwards on this – var_dump all of the other values at work here, like $cart_item['data']->id itself, and $ticket_product, and see if the ID indeed corresponds to a ticket in the admin and all that. I wish I had more insight to offer here; but unfortunately I don’t 🙁

I hope this helps!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Retrieve Event ID from Ticket ID’ is closed to new replies.