Restricting the events category selection dropdown in the Add Event form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Restricting the events category selection dropdown in the Add Event form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Does anybody know where I can find some information in regards to editing the Community: Submit Event form? There is a drop down selector that displays 5 categories. I would like to restrict that dropdown to only display 1 category.

I know that this functionality isn’t possible and it may take some custom code but I was hoping for a solution that would just make those categories not visible.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. We’re experiencing a high volume of support requests right now, but please do bear with us and we’ll review your question as quickly as possible.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support.

We don’t have a filter for this but you could modify the CSS to not display certain categories with a bit of coding.

For now, the easiest way to do it is to hide the options via CSS like so:

https://gist.github.com/bskousen/0f03c7f1cc5a9224c736c63ab69bdcf4

Replace the numbers with the id’s of the categories you want to hide. You can find the ID’s if you go to Events > Categories. Hover over the category you wish to hide and on the bottom left of your screen you should see the ID. You can add this to your themes style.css file or the Community plugin’s CSS by making a copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/resources/tribe-events-community.css and placing in an ‘events/community’ folder within your theme.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Restricting the events category selection dropdown in the Add Event form’ is closed to new replies.