Restricting categories users can post events in and see

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Restricting categories users can post events in and see

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Aaron.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

My site is quite complex as it uses buddy press to group our community into smaller communities.

There’s an administrator for each group who can add events via the community events plugin.

There’s two things we would like to achieve.

Firstly, when adding an event, the categories they can add to are restricted.

For example, group A can only post to Event category A1 and A2, group B can only post to Event category B1 and B2 etc…

Maybe this can be achieved by something like, if user is member of group A, only show event categories A1 and A1.

The second thing we’d love to achieve is on the events list.

Here it shows all events, allowing you to edit any event, even if they don’t belong to your group.

Maybe something like if group is A show event categories A1 and A2.

I’d really appreciate some help as I know what I’d like to achieve, I just no idea how to do it.

Thanks.

Cliff

Hi, Aaron.

I’d say the functionality you’re wanting is possible but not something we would be able to provide. This may be helpful to you: https://shop.opentuteplus.com/product/the-buddypress-events-calendar-community-events/ (third-party, not tested, guaranteed, or supported by us)

We cannot provide such in-depth customization help, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

If there’s a code snippet you’d like me to put some eyes on or something else I can help you with, please update this ticket or create a new ticket if it’s a separate issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Restricting categories users can post events in and see’ is closed to new replies.