Restrict the amount shown in Community / My Events / Recurring List

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Restrict the amount shown in Community / My Events / Recurring List

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leigh
    Participant

Hey,

I have a few recurring events set up and when i go to the events/community/list page it shows all the recurrences. This will become extremeley cumbersome to go through and find the event i want to edit/delete if i first have to go through pages and pages of recurring events til i fint the one i want. The person admitting these events will not have access to the back end, only the /list
    Am i missing the option to be able to only show one event on a series?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

Hi Leigh,

Great question — I actually had to test this out myself to make sure I had the answer.

I thought that the setting to limit the display of recurrences to one (Events > Settings) might carry over to the Community Events list as well, but that is actually not the case. In other words, there is no setting to limit the display that you are missing.

That’s an idea though, so I went ahead and took the liberty of creating a ticket in our system to look into it further. I can’t make any promises that we will build the feature, but this will certainly ensure that we have it on the radar for consideration.

Sorry for the bad news, but does this at least help answer your question? Please let me know.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Leigh
    Participant

Appreciate the quick response.
    It would be a good idea to limit these events especially when it becomes dozens of events.

While you’re there, a bit of formatting wouldnt go amiss on that page too (different coloured lines, vertical lines to separate fields) 😉

Thank you and look forward to any update.

Leigh
    Participant

This works a treat for the Admin side, but yes, replicated for front end would be superb

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/hide-recurring-event-instances-in-admin/

Geoff

Excellent, thanks for following up and I appreciate the extra feedback, Leigh! That helps a lot.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please do let us know if any other questions come up and we’d be more than happy to help as best we can. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Restrict the amount shown in Community / My Events / Recurring List’ is closed to new replies.