Restrict size (or even remove) for upload image on submit event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Restrict size (or even remove) for upload image on submit event page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yvrmark
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been scrolling through and tried searching but cannot find an answer to this question. Apologies if it exists – I just can’t find it…

is there anyway to restrict the size of an image further to submit an event in the community events? 128 MB is very large for our purposes and it can create some havoc for our servers when someone tries to upload a large file.

Alternatively, maybe replace the upload where users can submit a link to an external image?

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Mark and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Take a look at the following thread. I believe it provides you with the answer you are looking for: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/image-size-limit/

You can also replace the image upload with something else.
    But, that will have to be done via a view customization.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

yvrmark
    Participant

Hi Geoff

I successfully made changes as per your suggestion. Indeed the form now says : “Choose a .jpg, .png, or .gif file under 488 KB in size.”

However, when I test the form it still allows me to upload very large files. I just tried it with a 12MB file and it still uploaded.

Any ideas?

Geoff B.

Good evening Mark,

I am sorry to hear that.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Another way to address this would be limit the upload size at a global WordPress level: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-increase-the-maximum-file-upload-size-in-wordpress/

If I am not mistaking, there are even plugins that help with that.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Restrict size (or even remove) for upload image on submit event page’ is closed to new replies.