Restrict or show disabled past event in calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Restrict or show disabled past event in calendar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

hide the past events from month view calendar. check attachment, Today date sep 28 but the calendar showing sep 26, 27 th events also, How can we hide past events from month calendar view

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sean!

Thanks for getting in touch. Let me help you with this topic.

You can hide past events from the month view by placing the CSS snippet shared in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/hide-past-events-on-the-events-calendars-month-view/

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Sean
    Participant

We seeking this functionality because of performance, So there is any hook or function available restrict before load those past events?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sean,

I think you could customize the query to do that, but I’m not sure if it will have a big impact on performance.

I will reach out to the team to see if we can come up with a snippet to not load past events in the month view or at least point you to an available hook to do so. I’ll get back to you as soon I have something.

Regarding performance, let me point you to a great article that will get you started on Performance Considerations you should know about. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

I hope it helps.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sean!

I’ve been able to find a snippet that will only show events from current day and forward.

https://pastebin.com/uHCEjEiB

Please try it out and see if it works for you.

Best,
    Victor

Sean
    Participant

Its working Victor, Great. Thank you very much.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Sean!

Glad to know it works for you! Thanks for letting me know about it.

I’ll go ahead and close this now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Cheers,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Restrict or show disabled past event in calendar’ is closed to new replies.