Restrict Categories?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Restrict Categories?

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kimharp.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kimharp
    Participant

I have the same issue as described here. I want users to be able to choose categories, but I also want an admin-only category that users cannot choose, so that these events can be shown in a “Staff Recommendations” sidebar.

Can you advise how to do this? Is the code from the previous post still good or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Kim

Courtney

Hi Kim

I’d start with using the code mentioned by Jonah: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/restricting-categories-on-add-event/#post-18763 .

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

kimharp
    Participant

Thanks Courtney. This didn’t work for me. Can you clarify if I should be using category numbers here, and if so where do I find them? I don’t see any id numbers for event categories, and using the category name didn’t work.

Courtney

Hi Kim

Go to Events » Event Categories.

Then hover your mouse over one of the categories you want to filter out.

Look in the footer of your browser for tribe_events_cat&. The number after that is the category ID number you will fill in to the CSS code shown in the previous thread.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

kimharp
    Participant

Thanks! Got it working. Really appreciate the quick help.

Kim

Courtney

Thanks Kim 🙂

Let us know if there’s anything else you need help with.

Courtney

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Restrict Categories?’ is closed to new replies.