REST API Ticket ID?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO REST API Ticket ID?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m working with a client who wants to build a hybrid app using the WordPress, Woocommerce, and TEC Rest APIs. In looking through the documentation you provide (/wp-json/tribe/events/v1/doc), I don’t see a way to grab the associated ticket ID for an event.

I’m thinking if I have the ID, I can use the Woocommerce API to attach that to the event info I know I can grab. But if I don’t get it, it doesn’t seem possible they’d be able to purchase tickets through the app.

Am I missing something or is there another method to associate events and tickets?

Thanks,
    Craig

Cliff

Hi, Craig.

Please visit https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/15114291-wordpress-rest-api for context (and feel free to add your vote).

Basically, we have a read-only API at this time for The Events Calendar, with plans to make it a full CRUD API.

I’d assume that after that’s completed (or sometime along the way), Event Tickets will get some REST API attention as well.

Sorry I don’t have better news for you at this time.

Craig
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I could be wrong, but I don’t think full CRUD is needed for the API in order to make it work with Woocommerce, as that already has a full API. I don’t need to add any products using the API.

If the associated ticket ID is available and that is in the Woocommerce system as a product, we should be able to utilize the writeable order system already, right?

Would you mind asking your other gurus about it and see if that may be true?

Thanks,
    Craig

Cliff

Craig, you’re correct that full CRUD functionality wouldn’t be needed for what you’re wanting.

However, Event Tickets / Event Tickets Plus doesn’t have its own REST API support; it’s a different plugin from The Events Calendar.

Other than waiting for the someday that Event Tickets gets its own REST API, if you’d like to pursue this further (your own custom code), you might be able to look into the general WordPress REST API for this custom post type, but we wouldn’t be able to provide assistance toward that effort.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Courtney

Hey there

Just posting a quick update that we’ve just launched The Events Calendar – Full REST Support. You can read the release notes at https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-full-rest-support/.

We also published a helpful guide: Introduction to The Events Calendar REST API https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/introduction-events-calendar-rest-api/ .

We’re excited to provide this functionality for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘REST API Ticket ID?’ is closed to new replies.