Responsive Calendar on mobile phones

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Responsive Calendar on mobile phones

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

Has anyone got an easy way to have the mobile phone show the calendar view that fits the screen or that will automatically show a different view if the phone screen is too small or a way to specify the size of the screen to make the change to a better view?

Barry

Hi Stephen,

I don’t think we’ve got any recommended ways of doing this at this point in time – and there is unlikely to be a one size fits all means of doing this.

That said, we can definitely leave this discussion open so other members of the community can pitch in with suggestions.

Thanks!

Andy Fragen

Hi Stephen,

I wrote some CSS a while ago to make the month view look better on an iPhone. You can get it here. https://gist.github.com/afragen/3762892

Maybe it will help.

Barry

Excellent, thanks for sharing Andy!

Katarina
    Participant

I use grid/month view by default (you get a nice quick overview), but on the mobile it doesn’t work very well. I would not mind serving the list view automatically to mobile users. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Barry

Hi Katarina,

There’s no absolutely reliable way of doing this purely from the server side, though sometimes a technique is used where information like the user agent string is used to make an educated guess about the sort of device accessing the site and a decision is made from there.

The best implementation is really going to depend on what you’re comfortable developing.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Responsive Calendar on mobile phones’ is closed to new replies.