Resolving CSS conflicts with Thesis

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Resolving CSS conflicts with Thesis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

I am having trouble with the Event Calendar’s css. The .previous entry in events.css is messing up the previous/next post links in my Thesis theme. Any ideas on how to correct it? It is removing a line break where it shouldn’t be.
    Ideally your CSS should address your plugin-specific classes so that generically named CSS doesn’t override other parts of the theme.

Adam
    Participant

Im with Kevin. I build mostly on thesis… and I’m happy to do some tutorials if you point me in the right direction. 🙂

Rob

Thanks guys. May take you up on the tutorial offer at some point once the dust settles here, and appreciate the offer – let me check with the dev first to see if he has any shorter term suggestions here, or if there’s anything we can do to meet Kevin’s suggestion for the 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 releases.

Kevin
    Participant

Here is a Thesis page showing the problem that I found (.previous is the problematic CSS class)

http://seattle.findwell.com/million-things-to-do-seattle/viaduct-demolition-walk/

Scroll to the Previous/Next links at the bottom and use Firebug to exame the CSS. You’ll see that your CSS is affecting these default Thesis links. I could add my own CSS, but certainly my strong preference is that plugin CSS does not conflict with theme CSS so that I don’t have to worry about it. I think you could make your own CSS more specific so that it doesn’t affect other areas.

Rob

Hey guys. To add onto Kevin’s point…I spoke this over with our dev, and it looks like the only solution for now if you don’t want to alter Thesis is to do a template override and change our .previous class to .tribe-previous and then change the CSS rule in events.css.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Resolving CSS conflicts with Thesis’ is closed to new replies.