Resizing calendar page breaks JavaScript

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Resizing calendar page breaks JavaScript

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greg Perham
    Participant

Your plugin uses the jQuery Resize plugin, which has a bug that causes JS to break if any function (even an empty one) is bound to resize. See https://github.com/cowboy/jquery-resize/issues/1#issuecomment-6838372 for the solution and please update your plugin.

BTW, Tentysixteen is the current WP default plugin. Twentyfourteen is two years old 😉

George
    Participant

Hi Greg,

1. You say, “Tentysixteen [sic] is the current WP default plugin. Twentyfourteen is two years old.” There is no plugin of this name so I assume you’re referring to the theme Twenty Sixteen. Can you clarify why you are mentioning this in the context of this issue?

2. As for the issue with jQuery Resize, can you please share a link to the page on your site where the JavaScript is breaking because of this so that we can take a closer look?

3. Next, can you please specify in what browser and operating system you see those JS errors in?

Thank you,
    George

Greg Perham
    Participant

1. Creating a new post in your forum

2. I’m using a fixed version of jQuery Resize on my site. To reproduce, enqueue a script in your theme with
    jQuery(window).resize(function(){});

3. Chrome on Mac

George
    Participant

Hey Greg,

In your reply you say, ” To reproduce, enqueue a script in your theme with jQuery(window).resize(function(){});”

So, to be clear here, are you saying that there are no issues with our plugins but there could be if an empty function like that exists somewhere?

• I cannot reproduce any problems or console errors with our plugins as-is, which use the resize function.

• If you have JavaScript errors on your site that arise when you are not using the “fixed” version of jQuery Resize, then please temporarily use the “not-fixed” version of jQuery Resize and link to the specific Events page on your site where the JavaScript error is visible. I will take a look at that and try to identify the exact error and its context so that I can make a proper bug ticket.

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Resizing calendar page breaks JavaScript’ is closed to new replies.