Reset iCal Importer

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Reset iCal Importer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mitchell
    Participant

Just purchased the iCal plugin to test it out. I imported all the events from an ICS calendar and then deleted them to re-import them… but that didn\’t work. I read through your documentation that deleted events would not be imported afterwards… so now my question is, how I can I reset the ICS Import completely so that I can re-import these events.

Geoff B.

Good evening Mitchell and welcome to the Events Calendar forums,

There are a couple of ways to reset things. But before you do anything, I highly recommend making a complete database backup and having the ability to revert to that backup if necessary.

1. As my colleague Josh explains it, once deleted, the imported events are stored as “deleted_event” post types. Read his solution here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/not-all-events-importing-importing-historical-events-only/#post-1133381
    2. If you prefer, and you are comfortable with editing your theme’s functions.php file, I could share a more specific snippet that does exactly the same thing.

Let me know how that goes,

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Mitchell
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me Geoff.

I read through the post you sent me and I have 2 questions:
    – I installed the Bulk Delete plugin but could not find the “deleted_event” post type. Only types I could find were Post, Page, Project, tribe_venue, tribe_organizer, tribe_events. What am I missing here?
    – If an event is updated or deleted from the iCal calendar, will that event be updated or deleted in the Events Calendar?

Thanks.
    Mitchell.

Geoff B.

Good evening Mitchell,

Thank you for writing back.

I would love to answer your questions.

– I installed the Bulk Delete plugin but could not find the “deleted_event” post type. Only types I could find were Post, Page, Project, tribe_venue, tribe_organizer, tribe_events. What am I missing here?

I am not sure exactly why you can’t find deleted events on your install.
    In any case, I believe you are a prime candidate for the second solution: the snippet.

Would you mind temporarily adding the following piece of code to your theme’s functions.php (without the opening <?php statement): https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/5ca8736e9969dba7908622f31b932321

– If an event is updated or deleted from the iCal calendar, will that event be updated or deleted in the Events Calendar?

This will depend on a few things, but the when an event is deleted or updated from the master iCal calendar, your Events Calendar should reflect that.

Of course, there are instances where that does not work for a variety of reasons, but most of the time it should follow the calendar properly.
    And if not, we are definitely interested in finding out why.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Reset iCal Importer’ is closed to new replies.