'Reset Filters' adds a tag to the search, ie doesnt 'reset'

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar 'Reset Filters' adds a tag to the search, ie doesnt 'reset'

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

If I am viewing all events (http://tomschaller.org/events/) then I ‘reset filters’ all the events on the month view calendar disappear. I then notice 2 odd things:
    1. The ‘tag’

classes

was added to the tag filter (without me choosing it)
    2. The URL changes from http://tomschaller.org/events/month/ to http://tomschaller.org/events/month/?tribe-bar-date=2015-04&tribe_tags%5B%5D=75 (ie it adds ‘&tribe_tags%5B%5D=75’ to the end)

Paul
    Participant

I also did the following:
    1. Disabled ALL plugins except The Events Cal
    2. Switched theme to 2012
    3. Emptied my browser cache
    4. Retested
    Issue still exists.
    Thanks

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

Sorry for your trouble here. I’m curious: what versions each of The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO, and the Events Filterbar add-on do you have active on your site?

Next, can you explain a bit about this “Classes” tag – where is this coming from? Is it a tag that you have for “normal” posts on your site, and don’t really want to include with events? Is it a tag that even exists?

Also, do you have any custom code on your site at all – filters to anything from The Events Calendar, any plugin or theme modifications that might not have been caught in your original theme and plugin testing, anything at all? If so, does removing it temporarily affect the behavior of this issue on your site at all?

Finally, for now, does anything else on your site seem to break? Do you have any other issues at all with The Events Calendar?

Thanks!
    George

Paul
    Participant

Using versions:
    Events Cal 3.9.1
    Events Cal Pro 3.9.2
    Filter bar 3.9

I can explain.
    So go to the ‘all events’ (http://tomschaller.org/events) and you see the monthly cal filled w/events
    Then ‘reset filters’ on the filterbar, and all the events vanish. I wondered why.
    Then switch to ‘weekly’ view then back to ‘monthly’
    Now click ‘tags’ on the filterbar and notice that the tag ‘classes’ is selected. If you remove it, then hit submit the events come back. But how and why does the tag ‘classes’ get added to the filterbar by itself? Yes, I have some events tagged ‘classes’
    I dont have any custom code on the site.
    Everything else on the site is working normally.
    Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

Thanks for further information here. I’m curious, what’s the exact functionality you find when you have a default theme like Twenty Twelve active on your site?

Also: would you be willing to leave Twenty Twelve active on your site for us to check things out with that theme? I understand how painful this can be on a live site, but it is immensely helpful.

Thanks for your patience Paul,
    George

Dirk
    Participant

We’ve been having exactly the same problems. Been going on for months now and can’t seem to fix it. We just disabled Filter Bar for now…

George
    Participant

Hey Dirk,

I’m sorry you’ve run into a similar problem on your site.

To keep things organized, and to ensure that we handle each problem most efficiently (because they could have different causes on each site, for example), can you actually open a new forum ticket about your specific issues? In your new ticket, link back to this one for refrence, and then elaborate on the details of your own site – the domain name, what your exact behavior is, when the issues started appearing (like after a specific update or something, if you can recall…), as much detail as possible.

Thank you!
    George

Paul
    Participant

I did switch the theme to twenty twelve for a while, but the issue remains. I have to switch back to my actual theme, but was able to record a screen capture video showing the issue we still have.
    Please let me know what can be done to resolve,
    Thanks.

http://youtu.be/KRH66jyQRdk

Paul
    Participant

Just checking in. Thanks for a great calendar plugin. Hoping for a fix for this issue.
    Thanks

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

I reached out to some other support team members for insight on this issue, as your behavior is indeed quite odd and I cannot recreate it myself.

One thing that seems worthy of testing (or re-testing, specifically) is ensuring that you disable WP Rocket Caching – you should also be sure to clear any effects from that previously-active caching, which may not require any extra additional steps, but you should check the WP Rocket caching documentation or support team for full instructions on how to completely shut off the caching.

If you can do this, let us know what you find. And again: thank you for your patience with the issue.

George

Paul
    Participant

As requested I deleted WP Rocket, but the issue remains. Whats the next thing we can try?

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

I appreciate you disabling that! Not to have you running in circles here, but now with caching wholly disabled, does anything change if you activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve at this point?

If this seems redundant, it is not – if caching was active during your previous theme test, that could completely soil the results of that test. And I’ve dug up the other forum thread here that is similar to this one, and the issue there turned out to be a theme conflict, so I’m suspicious of this since I still am unable to recreate this issue myself.

Let us know what you find Paul – if we can’t find the culprit here, then I may just write you a custom JavaScript solution to patch this for now. Not a “good” / sound method for going forward, as if there is a problem it should really be addressed at its core, but if we are failing to find the problem’s source then a temporary band-aid solution just to keep your site functional and presentable in the real world is not an unreasonable strategy.

We really appreciate your patience with this Paul. Random bugs like this are rare, as we usually can reproduce an error and work backwards from there to solve it, but this one is seeming quite unique to your use case somehow.

We won’t give up though 🙂 Let us know what you find from the theme test, and I’ll get working on a temporary JavaScript patch in case the theme test isn’t fruitful.

Appreciatively,
    George

Paul
    Participant

I disabled then deleted WP Rocket completely removing all files, then switched to twentytwelve theme, but issue remained. Im ready for the next step, thanks

George
    Participant

Hi Paul,

This behavior is bizarre and it’s now on our radar as a potential bug to investigate – if it’s a bug, we will get a fix out promptly.

In the meantime, I wrote a temporary fix for you that should help – can you try adding the code in this Gist I wrote for you to your theme’s functions.php file? You should copy everything over except the opening <?php tag, that’s not necessary in your functions.php file.

Let me know what you find when you try out this custom code, and if it’s a usable solution until we figure out what’s actually going on here and can fix it properly.

I’m sorry for the frustration that comes with odd bugs like this, thank you for your patience.

— George

Paul
    Participant

George,
    So you are asking me to modify the functions.php file, but what exactly am I changing?
    Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘'Reset Filters' adds a tag to the search, ie doesnt 'reset'’ is closed to new replies.