Reserving Venues

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Reserving Venues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Odnamra

Our client wants to use ECP as a public calendar filterable by categories. They also want a private calendar on the back end that shows all of their conference rooms and facilities (the concert hall, ballroom, swimming pool, etc.) so their staff can reserve those facilities for their via ECP. So, we’re talking a public calendar, but a private “venue” scheduler available to authorized users. Scenario: Tom is scheduling a speech but needs to know if the concert hall is available, and if so, wants to submit a reservation request. Can you do it?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Odnamra,

Thanks for your interest in ECP. There are ways to filter calendars by category, and we currently have a filter bar in beta as well. But when you say “private calendar on the back end” I’m not 100% sure I understand what you mean. Sadly, there are no backend administrative booking abilities in the plugin as it’s currently designed, if that’s what you had in mind.

Did I answer your questions? Please let me know if you have any more.

— Julie

Odnamra

I suppose I was trying to say an internal tool that would allow people to reserve rooms and other venues. For example, something that would allow “tom” to create an event, check to see if the room he wants is available, and if so to finish creating the event. So, I suppose it would be helpful if when creating an event one picks a venue, and then the event time(s), and the calendar would flag it and tell them the venue is or is not available at that time.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hello Odnamra,

My mistake. I think what you’re looking for is a resource reservation, or booking, function, which is outside the current scope of ECP. I know there are plugins/services out there that would allow you to do some of that, but I don’t know how they would work conjunction with ECP because it’s not something I’m familiar with. Maybe you want to take a look around and see if there’s a plugin that would be complimentary to ECP? I don’t have anything specific in mind though.

Sorry I can’t be of more help here, but I’m sure you’ll find something that works for you.

— Julie

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Reserving Venues’ is closed to new replies.